Shock Absorber advice needed.

Rick

Gold Member
Hi Guys,

I've just had my passenger side front shock replaced under warranty (after many attempts) and the car has covered 36000 miles. I have been considering getting the other replaced at my own expense. Would this be a wise choice or is it just a waste of money.

I am considering lowering the car in the coming months if that changes any opinions.

Rick

If it's a Renault warranty I think it's their common practice to replace both anyway. I just replaced one shock earlier in the year and the car has been fine but when it needs more work I'm considering changing the other one.

If it's a Renault warranty I think it's their common practice to replace both anyway. I just replaced one shock earlier in the year and the car has been fine but when it needs more work I'm considering changing the other one.

its renault warranty but there was no mention of that when i asked

its renault warranty but there was no mention of that when i asked

Well ive been told by multiple dealers that it's best practice to replace both. Either it's for the best or they are just trying to swindle more money out of you. I can't see it making much difference if at all but if it's under warranty I'd be wanting both replaced knowing that's what they make paying customers do.

it works like this - if its out of warranty and one is faulty they will recommend you change both - if its in warranty they will only change one and the other is down at your cost....