Shiny LY R27

Paul

Platinum Member
After the advice from RichandGem and Liambo, I went and got myself a claying kit from Halfrauds. Gotta say I am amazed with the results, I didn't think it was too bad to start with but after cleaning, claying and waxing I have a grin from ear to ear!

P1020464.jpg

P1020467.jpg

P1020471.jpg

P1020475.jpg

P1020476.jpg

that looks absolutely stunning mate,

i keep meaning to give mine a good claying,

which product did you use from halfrauds ?

that looks absolutely stunning mate,

i keep meaning to give mine a good claying,

which product did you use from halfrauds ?

Cheers mate!

It was the Meguiars starter kit. Its £25; get 2 clay bars, lube, a microfibre towel and a wax sample, absolute bargain IMO!!! nice and simple to use (especially with it being my first time!)

Fu*k me what a shine! Well done mate!

So you happy with the final results? How long did everything take you?

Thanks mate like you say its all about the lube lol!

Yeah im well pleased with it i dont think it has ever looked so shiny since it came out of the factory and its not like i dont keep up to it but this is another level.

Took about 3-4 hours in total which i dint think was too bad, just about to go out and do the inside now did't get chance with work!

Cheers mate!

It was the Meguiars starter kit. Its £25; get 2 clay bars, lube, a microfibre towel and a wax sample, absolute bargain IMO!!! nice and simple to use (especially with it being my first time!)

thanks mate,

i only use A/G products atm, at what stage do you use the clay bar, ?

i normally wash with A/G shampoo, then A/G super resin polish, and sometimes A/G high def wax, when should i use the clay bar, lol

the megs starter kit is ok to use on all colours then ( might sound daft ).

thanks mate,

i normally wash with A/G shampoo, then A/G super resin polish, and sometimes A/G high def wax, when should i use the clay bar, lol

i did it straight after washing (twice lol), its designed to take all of the crap off the paintwork (you will be surprised how much there is!) so it is best to do it before polishing/waxing as it gives a better base to build from!

its just a pale beige colour bar so not colour specific and none of the product info said anything so you should be fine.

Great result mate, clay bars are great aren't they :smile:
They make the paintwork sooooo smooth :smile:

The car looks stunning, best colour obviously :smile:

Chappo you should clay bar after washing it will remove everything on the paint, wax and all.

thanks mate,

As richandgem said, clay after washing.

Though will point out, you shouldnt use Super Resin Polish everytime, especially if not topping with Extra gloss protection or HD Wax. You can use HD wax or or EGP everytime though

As richandgem said, clay after washing.

Though will point out, you shouldnt use Super Resin Polish everytime, especially if not topping with Extra gloss protection or HD Wax. You can use HD wax or or EGP everytime though

cheers guys,

i would use A/G S/R about 1 in every 4th wash, and 8/10 times would allways top up with A/G EGP or H/D wax.

will deffo try this clay mallarky at the weekend. :lol::lol:

Applying SRP will remove most, if not all the protection you are adding with EGP / HD though.

You should be layering either Last Stage Product (LSP) eg. HD wax or EGP. so wash, dry, apply chosen LSP. Then every 4th wash or so start again by applying SRP.

looks great!

great stuff those are!

f1team - What steps did you take after the clay to get your shine?

Oh and Chappo, Nothing wrong with AG:biggrin:

none really i just took my sweet time when applying the wax that came with it just did it panel by panel like the clay and made sure it was well buffed!

you can see why i was so pleased!

Great result mate, clay bars are great aren't they :smile:
They make the paintwork sooooo smooth :smile:

The car looks stunning, best colour obviously :smile:

Chappo you should clay bar after washing it will remove everything on the paint, wax and all.

thanks mate, great advice! i couldn't believe the difference it made!

yeah it is the colour that made it, def makes it stand out even more than it did! :smile:

bought that kit last week, as iam a claying virgin, think al try it at the weekend, great job btw.:biggrin:

yeah same as i was! just take your time over it and it will go well!

have a look at richandgem's 'Freshly Detailed LY R27' in the Gallery, that is where i got my advice

I would get a layer of wax on the car mate, it will help to keep the bodwork top notch for longer :smile:

Yeah there was a free bottle of wax that came with the claying kit - really nice stuff, easy to work with.

Not happy that it has been raining today though!!!