Seven months with the RS

Afternoon guys,

Well its been around seven months since i bought the 197 from R-sport, i think its been great owning this car and wanting one for a few years, i think it looks, sounds, stops and corners superb however im left feeling it could do with a bit more poke after you hit that corner so flat and fast. But i suppose you cant have everything.

I have been quite quiet recently with revising and whilst subtly modifying the car so i thought its about time upload a little update thread.

So this is how the car came

1978.jpg

And this is how it is now 7 months along

utf-8BSU1HMDE0NDEtMjAxMjA1MjEtMTYwNi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDE0NDMtMjAxMjA1MjEtMTYwNi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDE0NDQtMjAxMjA1MjEtMTYwNi5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDE0NDUtMjAxMjA1MjEtMTYwNy5qcGc.jpg

notice the change of sticker :jase2:

utf-8BSU1HMDE0NDctMjAxMjA1MjEtMTYwNy5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDE0MjctMjAxMjA1MTItMTcwNi5qcGc.jpg

This shows what is really happening, new spacers, coilies, droplinks, from brown to black hubs.

Aswell as this, exhuast tips and silencer gone, the cup spoilers gone, wasnt for me at all. I think next is wheel furb and sport spoiler.

Let us know what you think.

G.

Last edited:
Looking good mate, I like the front splitter on it's own without the sideskirts. :smile:

Looking good, did you fill the holes from the spoiler or left them until you get a new one :-0

Yeah it looks much better without the cup spoiler, I like the mods given that its on standard silver wheels. Makes it a bit more sleeper :smile:

So much better without that awful spoiler.

What size spacers are they? 20mm?

Well i wanted the spacers that bolt to the hub first so it had to be 25mm, the other ones dont give me any confidence what so ever!!!!

For anyone that is worried about spacers i have found that these make the drive ever so slightly floaty, there is no loss of grip or increased under/over steer on fast road driving, it just a funny feeling which is hard to explain, the steering isnt any lighter they just make the car feel light.

Say i were to go on track i would take them off as geo like scrub raduis, kpi, offsets are all off course changed, which are the benefits of the performance hub.

G.

Nothing divides the forum better than the cup spoiler. I agree looks better without on yours (still love mine though)!!!!!

Similar Thread Suggestions