Service Stamp from Renault Garage

Jamz72

Paid Member
Hi all!

So I phoned up Renault Worcester to get a price on a 24,000 mile service if I supplied my own engine oil and air filter and they gave me a decent price - £160ish instead of £260ish.

Phoned back a few days later to book it and "sorry sir we have to use all our own parts, we're not allowed to use parts you supply". Which was annoying.

So my question is.. if I take it for a service (to a different Renault garage!) and get them to do everything apart from oil and air filter, will they still stamp my book and it look the same as if they had done it all? Not really sure how these things work. I would do the oil myself as I've already bought 8L of Castrol Edge!

Cheeeers
James

Last edited:
The main dealer I use seem not to have an issue with things like this. I have an ITG filter which the garage stated they saw so just left it alone. As long as the oil meets the required standards I don't see why they wouldn't use it. Keep phoning, you'll find a garage that will do it.

When you say everything, do you mean other filters such as air and cabin filter? I'm sure they would stamp the book but would probably recommend you change the oil and filter. Why don't you call in and see if they can do you a deal?

Interesting.. Looking at the participating dealers list it seems that Worcester don't want to partake.

Coventry do though so I might try there

I don't think they like to use provided service things incase of a warranty claim. Engine goes pop and you used incorrect oil, you're in trouble.

Cheers for that info Mentalpen, phoned up Coventry and they confirmed they could do it for £159 minus the cost of the oil as they would use mine :smile:

Im getting mine done at RS Tuning I think, Paul quoted me £163 on the phone earlier, everything except air filter as I have the ITG.

That's a bit of a trek if you're in London! If I was closer to RS Tuning or K-Tec I would've had a re-map by now :wink:

Seems like a good price though

It isa bargain I just had a service from renault today and it cost me £294

More fool you, it's in black and white on their website. Yes it has the at participating dealers but I'll bet if you ring them and quote it they will be a participating dealer.

It's a full service as in oil, filter, air filter and cabin filter.

If you need other bits doing then no obviously, plugs, belts etc isn't

For that never except what you are quoted and always ask for what they can it for after.

You haggle over the price of the car and finance, why not servicing in items above those.