Selling

Hi all,
I will be selling the 200 as soon as i recieve the log book back from the dvla,
Can i have a few opinions on price,
It is on pistonheads but only as a free ad at the mo to see if the ad looks ok, so it ends up about 20 pages back and never gets viewed.
Its a full 200 with cup suspension pack
Alien green
reversing sensors
exterior & interior id pack in anthracite
7800 miles

why you selling up so quick? Your gonna lose a fair chuck on it assuming you bought it new, prob be lucky if you get £14k for it.

Didnt buy it new, but i know i will lose a fair bit on it,
It only has 2 rear seatbelts which i didnt realise when buying it.
Only had it a month :-(

Find the rear bench from a normal mk3 Clio, and all the bits? The wives mk3 has 3 belts in the back, sure you could pick up all the fittings for under £200 from a breakers? Seems mad to sell up and make such a loss so soon.

pics, link may help but 14k at a push 13 for quick sale

Also having exterior in anthracite is going to slow u sale down imo.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1882540.htm

this by any chance has it got the recaros? you need a pic of the inside tbh.

and take a different picture of the back the sensors look funny and put me off yest when i saw it.

im in the market for a ag 200 or ly 200 but need to part x my 197 as it wont piss off :worried:

i like yours but woudl like recaros rs monitor and speedlines and standerd front instead of anthrac

still really nice car and that is the right price

but if it has recaros get an inside pic up/ do anyways

200 are only 4 seat, first thing i noticed after collecting mine, luckily i dont use back seats, noticed there was only 2 headrests then the lack of 3rd seatbelt hammered it home.

What you gonna buy in its place ? Think about trading it into a dealer prob get around 12k? Should be easier than selling a 197 but still it needs to be priced low to go.

Last edited:
Find the rear bench from a normal mk3 Clio, and all the bits? The wives mk3 has 3 belts in the back, sure you could pick up all the fittings for under £200 from a breakers? Seems mad to sell up and make such a loss so soon.

I would run this via your insurers first, last thing you would want id for something to happen with 5 onboard and not be insured youd stand to loose alot more than your license.

Insurance definitely wouldn"t cover a mod like that, plus with the belt mechanism being in the roof I would imagine it'd be a right ball-ache to do!

Ive already been through the options of retro fitting the rear belt and insurance is a no go.
chowiekid, yes thats the one, i realise i need some decent pics external & internal. i will do that when i list it as a premium ad,
No it doesn't have recaros, maybe down to the poor quality phone pics but they dont do the colour justice, it looks great when the sun is out and was the main reason for buying it, although i know it maybe a marmite colour to some :smiley:
Not sure at the mo what i will swap it for, but that decision is up to the mrs.

I would have offered a swap for my beautiful Red 197, but I hate Alien Green! Sorry if it sounds harsh! Good luck with the sale, but if you need 3 in the back often wouldn't you be better off with a people carrier or something a bit bigger than a Clio anyway?

There are so many car models that are going to 4 seats now, even my mates Civic only has room for 2 in the back. Personally I'd rather have the 3 more uncomfortable belts in the back like you, it makes the car that bit more practical for the odd occassions when I need it. Having said that, my 3rd belt has only been used 3 times in 6 months!

Surely it's type approved (if that's the term!) to carry 3 if the 197 is??

Perhaps but you know what insurers are like its a modification to carrry more pasengers as far as their concerned.

Just to clarify i personally love alien green and based on it rediculous price tag from renault may work in your favor when reselling.

If you want 3 seats buddy. i'll swap you my rear seats and belts for yours cuz i dnt even like havin 2 people in the back let alone 3 lol.

PM me if its something ur interested in, would be a shame to sell for something so minor :thumbsup:

Thanks for the generous offer justjamie,
but having already spoken to the insurance about this there's no way i could chance it, if they would have agreed i would have without hesitation.
We did have a touran previous to this and got rid as the eldest left home,
but the belts are still needed for school runs.