Selling to French buyer.

I'm currently selling a 2004 206 GTi 180 I took in PX a while ago.

I've had contact from an interested french buyer who is willing to collect and pay cash.

The V5 isn't massively clear on what to do and I'm more than a little concerned the new owner will set off 6 million speed camera's on his way home, landing them on my doorstep.

:/

I imagine your best bet is to speak directly to the DVLA and ask for the correct procedure. As you say, you don't want to end up getting burnt for it!

Reactions: sevenfourate
I'd be making sure the new owner comes to the bank with you and you deposit the money while he's there before you give him the keys.

Could be shady, best to be safe. Why would someone want to travel overseas to buy a car with the steering wheel on the wrong side?

I get this all the time when buying cars in the UK, no disrespect but you guys are very sceptical when it comes to this sort of thing. I spend more time convincing the seller I'm genuine than I do finding out about the car in question.

Section 11 on the V5 is for "permanent export" of the vehicle. Fill this in and send it to the DVLA and this will clear your name totally from the car. You then give the
Rest of the V5 to the new owner as this is needed to register the vehicle in the country it is imported to.

France is only 30 odd minutes from the UK, the Scottish
Highlands could be 8-10 hours but would not ring alarm bells.

Maybe the guy needs a shell to fix a rally car and will convert to LHD, maybe the 180 was not available in France, maybe he is traveling to UK for collage etc and
Will spend more time in a RHD car.

Reactions: Jimmy