Sell the clio for this?

Is it worth swapping to this?
Happens to be my old mans car before he sold it!! Had great memories of this car and I always considered the clio to be a mini version of this car.

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3748564.htm

Better fuel, id owe less and in theory quicker. Just dont know about fun... Oh and lack of noise haha.

Its just an economical version of the VXR but doesnt look quite as good.

I wouldn't swap the 200 for that but thats just me.

Its just an economical version of the VXR but doesnt look quite as good.

I wouldn't swap the 200 for that but thats just me.

Same here, not my cup of tea, looks a bit "old man"

Personal preference though I guess, but i think the Clio says more.

Looks overpriced, but a nice example. Would I change the clio for it? NO. I don't do enough mileage to make it worth my while. If I spent most of my life on the motorway then I'd consider it (the stupid 197 gearing drives me mad).

I think this is slightly dearer than standard due to the 888 stuff... Not sure if that's a valid reason to bump the price up though :wink: Everyone seems to rave about them... why don't you go see it and drive it see what it feels like? bring back memory's etc

The price tag is for the 888stuff. It was sold for 13000 about 2 years ago.

Its 1 of 99 ever made and certificated to prove it.

Id love to go see it and drive it buts its 8hours from me haha.

I dont know about running back to the clio its been quite unreliable/tempramental to me but does look damn good. I always liked astras with the xp pack on them.

Its a tough call as would save money and be almost indentical to the clio.

We shall see what happens. Clio has been valued at 12k

The price tag is for the 888stuff. It was sold for 13000 about 2 years ago.

Its 1 of 99 ever made and certificated to prove it.

Id love to go see it and drive it buts its 8hours from me haha.

I dont know about running back to the clio its been quite unreliable/tempramental to me but does look damn good. I always liked astras with the xp pack on them.

Its a tough call as would save money and be almost indentical to the clio.

We shall see what happens. Clio has been valued at 12k

It aint almost identical in the slightest though.

Ones a boring diesel barge, whereas the Clio is a lightfooted, high revving wonder of a hot hatch :thumbup1:

It aint almost identical in the slightest though.

Ones a boring diesel barge, whereas the Clio is a lightfooted, high revving wonder of a hot hatch :thumbup1:

200bhp on decent suspension runninh decent brakes and it did handle very well from whag I remember. I bought the clio because I couldnt buy one of those at the time. The revs would be missed but it does have 330 ft/lb of torque so will certainly pick up well.

Just a case of finances really seeing which one is going to cost less.

Far too many 200's around now any way especially with a yellow one in my car park at work!! And a white one. Lol.

i always like the RS clio because they were rare. Its still an event if I see another 197 or 200, and I like that, dont want any old boring car car where you come out the shops and theres another parked either side of you. I know the 888 is uber rare, but it just looks like every other astra with an XP pack.

Must be sh!t someone at working having the same LY200 as you though. Thought of burning it?

Dont mean to sound rude but you spent loads on your clio
Why do the mods if you could not afford it ?
selling the clio now will lose you 1000's
Keep it :thumbup1:

Taking into consideration how much you would loose on the Clio in depreciation and mod's value i think trying to justify this from a cost point of view is a no brainer the Clio wins hands down .
However if its what you wan't then do it don't let anyone tell you otherwise but be warned . Sometimes the grass is not always greener .

I can afford the Clio but money saved is always. That's very true the grass may not be greener and I'm trying to make up my mind to see if it's worth it.
The black is normally quite nice but it's iPhone pictures
There is a lot to lose in the Clio.

Just always loved the Astra. I may not change but the thought is there.

you only live once , if you want it then buy it .

To hell with the money youll earn more .

Just be clear in your mind , there is no justification other than you want it

Buy it , you cant take it with you. :smile:

Snore.

Keep your 200 man. It's amazing.

Amazing colour, awesome wheel colour, good ride height, etc, etc...

That Astra is boring - see them all the time. I see about 2 VXRs a day...

Besides - that one wins the award for Chavmobile of the year.

Snore.

Keep your 200 man. It's amazing.

Amazing colour, awesome wheel colour, good ride height, etc, etc...

That Astra is boring - see them all the time. I see about 2 VXRs a day...

Besides - that one wins the award for Chavmobile of the year.

That ones also not a VXR :tongueout: :rain: