Seat back dipping - Do I or Don't I?

There is a write up in the how to on removing seat backs. Lot's of the focus Rs people have them done. It looks good if the right carbon patten is used, not the one which is just black and grey squares.
My defuser:
ajutu5e2.jpg

Seat backs my friend dipped:
4utu3asy.jpg

wow that looks amazing id very interested in getting this done how much would it cost roughly to have both backs done ?

Pretty sure I'll get this done then. Not sure how much it would be to someone else as like I say my mate is doing it for cost which is literally peanuts. Will ask him how much he would charge for people on the forum and when I get mine done I'll post some pics up.

Have a look at aqua graphix in the traders section and there Facebook page, he's a good friend of mine so mention my name. I'll ask him to put together a general price guide for clio bits and put it in the traders section.

Have a look at aqua graphix in the traders section and there Facebook page, he's a good friend of mine so mention my name. I'll ask him to put together a general price guide for clio bits and put it in the traders section.

Didn't realise he was still a trader on here :lol: Never see him about.

He's not on here often. But he does most of business on Facebook. I don't know who the people are but he's done a few 197/200 dashes and loads of recaro seat backs for focus people.

£300 ish pounds to have a transfer applied to your seat backs! Jesus H Christ I'm in the wrong line of business.

I'd go for some Carbon wrap either 3M Di-noc or 3M 1080. Be a fraction of the price, look just as good if not better and completley reversible if you want to sell as standard.

£300 ish pounds to have a transfer applied to your seat backs! Jesus H Christ I'm in the wrong line of business.

I'd go for some Carbon wrap either 3M Di-noc or 3M 1080. Be a fraction of the price, look just as good if not better and completley reversible if you want to sell as standard.

How much would you pay to have a wing or a spoiler painted? It's the exact same process. Only with an extra step and more material cost. Prep, paint primer, re-prep, paint colour, dip and then clear.
If you think you can do it then why not have a go. Other have and failed miserably!!

Helllooooo. Sorry we havent been around much. Yes we are still on here as traders and we charge £300 the pair for seat backs. £275 to forum members.
I wish it was just as easy as transferring something onto the parts lol. You have to remember that these seat backs are generally a bit bashed when they come into us so we have to firstly repair any gouges et then prep them for primer, then prime and rub smooth then paint then dip and then lacquer. Oh yes and then polish the hell out of em to give this shine. We have done quite a few sets now including for trade customers. My favorite were a matt lacquered set we did. Looked awesome. We coat all parts in plenty of scratch resistant lacquer so even if you did get a scratch it could be polished out. I wouldnt want the kids in the back kicking the hell out of them though no matter how much lacquer is on them lol.
If anyone ever wants a quote id advise getting in touch by email sales@aquagraphix.co.uk or through fb as we dont get on here that much due to how busy we are. Theres a guide price list on our website too.
OP let your mate know about us as we also supply film and activator to the trade :smile:

Humm think i need some more parts dip'd having issues with my laptop at the moment have you a contact number ?

Ill be honest, thats very cheap, we couldnt do 1 seat for £275 in Hydro CF........We offer full Hydro Dipping services, all done in house by me, which not alot of people know about on here i feel, but we are expensive :smile::smile::smile:

Seat backs are textured plastic for a start.........theres a whole bunch of time DA'ing getting them prepped properly, masking etc etc, then at bare min a 2 stage priming process (first hit to get them reasonable, then a sand and reprime then sand again ready for paint), then dipping, lacquering with CF thats 2 coat tinted lacquer, then 2 coat clear lacquer, i mean no one wants to polish the tint off do they!

Film is give or take ~£10 square meter for the good quality stuff, so thats £40 in just film for 2 seats min.

Cheers,
Si @ SS

Last edited:
**Also.....just to add.......Hydro Dipping is painting not wrapping. After the activator the film becomes a paint sitting on the water, thus all the same rules applie to Hydro dipping as they do to generic painting.**

The 6 P's

P = P*ss
P = Poor
P = Prep
P = P*ss
P = Poor
P = Paint

Last edited: