scaring family members in your cars lol

200cup andy

Platinum Member
i know the title sounds bad and its a bit random but does anyone have some stories of scaring family members in there cars

ive had a few, not that funny but when i got my integra i took my dad out on the test drive in the rain on japanese track tyres. never seen someones face drop so quick when it hit vtec and span up in 3rd and again when i got the back end hanging out on a roundabout :scared:

also i took my dad out drifting in my s13 without telling him, he dont swear but there were a few choice words coming out of him when the handbrake got a swift tug lol

ive never really done anything else ive been driving for 7 years and ive just managed to take my mum to work this morning shes never been in a car with me!!

Last edited:
...if I take my Mum out in my car she pap's herself when the RPM reaches 2500rpm.....then complains of back and neck strain at the slightest hint of positive g-force!

Scared the ex-gf a few times, and that wasn't even going fast lol

Scared my dad on a mk5 golf gti test drive, salesman said give it a bit of stick around this roundabout so I did....scared the salesman too lol

Made both mum and sister sick when taking them out in it, was driving a bit spirited but nothing crazy.

Never had any hairy moments in the 200, though I did manage to get my old dci sideways on a roundabout which was fun :smile:

Had plenty of hairy moments on my old bike hence why I got rid, regularly had it stood up on the front wheel under braking.

Scared a Mazda salesman when the new Mx5 came out (mrs wanted one - so I added myself to the test drive)

Had it very sideways round a roundabout, and actually impressed myself with the car! (shame its so girly)

Salesman didn't say a work on the way back to the dealer - think he was lost for words!

Took my boss out in the 182 a few months ago, he is normally very chatty. For the duration of trip he didnt say a word lol. Then when he got out he turned to me and said, "I can see why you love it, and f*** me you hold on to it well Rich" :smile:

I was a little proud to be honest

No so much in the Clio as our family's always had fast cars.

But in our old M5 I scared the crap out of my girlfriend and that was only in a straight line. Someone in an old Vectra SRi 150 decided he'd try and sit on my bumper at a motorway on ramp, needless to say he was a mere spec when the M5 came out of 4th gear.

Also scared my dad a bit the first time he let me drive his TVR, mainly because I went in a straight line a bit sideways after a 0-madness start lol

I could go on all day with these stories!

I took my dad out in my vts just after the cans went in and it was live mapped.

First thing he said was "where am I going to sit?" I forgot I only has one seat in the car and had to fit another seat out of the garage.

Then he made the mistake of saying " so, you have spent all this money on this car then. What can it do?"

Famous last words.

So I planted it in 1st and 2nd, (sounds chavvy I know) hit 70, my dad then panicked, clipped my ear and said alot of swear words.

My missus gets scared every time I got out in the Clio unless I drive like a grandad. She's such a nervous passenger. I took my mate to get some take aways in Somerset last year. We got to the curry shop quite quick, him not saying a word. When we got there he said " I think you would definately be quicker than my CTR!"

The classic Mum, 'oooooooooooo' when anything comes withing 20 feet of my car and using her imaginary brake is one of her favourites too!

When test driving the 197, took it along a straight stretch and salesman said might as well give it a bit if you want...had been in sixth, dropped straight to third and 'gave it a bit', dad being the big man with no belt on in the back disappeared from sight when I went round a slight bend at the end of the straight braking from about 110, all I could see was him regaining his balance in the back.

I could go on with endless tails, its making me laugh still thinking of my the old man in the back on a test drive. Safe to say i bought the car that day and he wore his belt all the way home haha!

using her imaginary brake is one of her favourites too!

I'm thinking footwells need to be reinforced, how any of our cars have survived the foot stamping amazes me (this seems genetic as all the females in my family do it).

I'm thinking footwells need to be reinforced, how any of our cars have survived the foot stamping amazes me (this seems genetic as all the females in my family do it).

Not allowed light hearted sexism these days apparantly so be careful what you say...Political correctness has gone crazy.

P.S. this isn't a jibe at women Maz :smile:

My best friend refuses to get in my car now simply due to the fact that i go over 3k and when i mean going over 3k i mean shifting at 3.5k maximum! Its mental.

But i will never forget the dealers face when i test drove my R27, he said i could go down a few quiet streets (in the centre of Leeds), they wasn't quiet for long!

Also my father, sister and mums face when i first booted it up when i got it. Brilliant.