Samsung HDMI problems

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but it's doing my nut in.

I have a 4 year old Samsung 32" and for some reason the other day it just won't display anything plugged into the HDMI slot. The screen flickers and then comes up with 'mode not supported'. I looked a bit online and most places suggested a factory reset which I did to no avail :worried:.

Is it goosed or can I save it? It's a cracking tv and I'm currently saving for a 42" Panasonic to go in the living room so don't want to have to replace this one as well.

have you tried a second slot?

my samsung doesn't auto switch which is annoying unless via scart but as it remembers the hdmi was last selected it doesn't overly bother me.

Samsung as cracking TV makers, one of only about 4 or 5 companies that actually produce screens, unlike companies such as sony who have to use screens made by samsung and others re branded.

Guess it depends on the model.

Sound on ours is great!

Ours is very old now (one of the first 1080p tv's) but still cracking.

Both devices (DVD upscaler and laptop) have the same issue. Haven't tried the cable on another tv yet, will try that. although the devices definitely work on another tv with a different cable.

The tv registers that something is plugged in and active as the screen flickers and a different message pops up.

I had to buy a version 1.4 HDMI for my 3d Samsung blu ray to connect to led Samsung tv. Turns out they are a lot cheaper on eBay. About £2 instead of the 55-85 in comet. Try a new lead? Mine kept flickering off and I found a setting to get rid of auto and put as 1080i not 1080p and its never happened since. Very strange.