Rust? Should I be worried

The work has been refered to as a "complete bodge" by the body shop. Blame flying everywhere at the moment. RUK have been informed.

Weeeeeellllllllllll.

Got the car back and ended up with a sort of result.

RUK are paying 50% leaving me to pay £150 to sort it. I did try for more but there was no budging. They won't pay more as this is being classed as a bodged repair and the age of the car (6 years).

End of the day then if the car has only cost (minus running costs) £150 in a year of ownership, I can live with that.

I bet you a good garage could do that for £150 alone.

It's not like they have to cut anything out and put new in, thing is doing it through renault keeps up your paint/corrosion guarantee.

Sort of like got you there :thumbdown:

I bet you a good garage could do that for £150 alone.

It's not like they have to cut anything out and put new in, thing is doing it through renault keeps up your paint/corrosion guarantee.

Sort of like got you there :thumbdown:

I have actually got a quote for £130 elsewhere, but as you said it keeps up the guarantee.

what guarantee? your having to pay for it so its worthless for this repair!

I agree, but they are classing this as accident damage , previously bodged so not covered. Ruk are only paying up as I have been a 'loyal' customer. In the end I am arguing about twenty quid, ill take that out on the courtesy car they give me.

Last edited:
I agree, but they are classing this as accident damage , previously bodged so not covered. Ruk are only paying up as I have been a 'loyal' customer. In the end I am arguing about twenty quid, ill take that out on the courtesy car they give me.

fair enough fella as long as your ok with thats all that matters :thumbup1:

:lol: GIVE IT HELL!

If they ask about the body work on the courtsy car, tell them it's got 7 years warrenty on it:smiley:

Right, turns out worse than expected.

It looks like the car has received a new passenger side quarter at some point. Thats not the end of the world, however the repair job hasnt been great, seems to been a bodge to sell it on.

The body shop have stated the panel fitment is great, the welds however are not so, very little prep work gone into them. The widow in that panel wasnt sealed correctly to the point the panel has got some surface rust. areas of the panel have been left completely untreated, hence the rust.

the bill at this point is £415 + Vat in total. I have been in talks with Arnold Clark (not the co-op that I got the car from as that no longer exists) about taking the car off my hands as it is. I have also been I touch again with RUK.

In a rock and a hard place, 500notes to sort the rust and get the body work straight, then start on the electrical grumlings stated in my other thread... then I have no idea if the water pump has been changed, let alone if the co-op actually carried out the cam belt service...

Last edited:
Good news! and nout to do with a little dacia...

RUK are paying £150 towards the bill.....

... and after doing a lot of digging about I have finally got hold of someone at whats left of the Co-op Motor Group. They are writing me a cheque for the £348 to pay for the repair.

Sooo fingers crossed that wrapped this bitch and moan up.