Running power cable from sub to battery?

Rishi

Platinum Member
When setting up a sub whats the best way to run the power cable to the battery? Cheers!

Last edited:
I struggled too.
There is a plastic grommet behind the fire proof material on the bulkhead.
It is about centre in line with where the heating controls are.
Use a piece of garden wire and push it through the hole into the passanger footwell.
Only thing to wath out for is make sure you don't put the cable through heating fan behind the dash.

I tried to do this by feeding it through with a coat hanger, found it impossible so instead i removed the battery/airbox & fed it through the bonnet release grommet, the access to the grommet behind the heat sheild (which is made of crappy flimsy material that crumbled in my hands) is much easier to get to but feeding the cable through just wasn't happening for me, the bonnet release grommet wasn't too hard, definitely the hardest part of installing the sub!

Was really nice to have the job all finished, but wasn't so nice to then get in my car to dsicover i've totally lost reverse gear :thumbdown:

Also last night i lost the connect2 steering remote adapter function, it still says 'renault' on my display, still got sound etc, but no volume/source control on the steering wheel, i think my car just likes being fixed :001_rolleyes:

Last edited:
I tried to do this by feeding it through with a coat hanger, found it impossible so instead i removed the battery/airbox & fed it through the bonnet release grommet, the access to the grommet behind the heat sheild (which is made of crappy flimsy material that crumbled in my hands) is much easier to get to but feeding the cable through just wasn't happening for me, the bonnet release grommet wasn't too hard, definitely the hardest part of installing the sub!

Was really nice to have the job all finished, but wasn't so nice to then get in my car to dsicover i've totally lost reverse gear :thumbdown:

Also last night i lost the connect2 steering remote adapter function, it still says 'renault' on my display, still got sound etc, but no volume/source control on the steering wheel, i think my car just likes being fixed :001_rolleyes:

the gromet is easy to feed the live sub wire through, u need to push it down and the wire will come out behind the glove box.
i wouldnt of used the bonnet release side as that connector and handle are soooo filmsey

the gromet is easy to feed the live sub wire through

I mustve been using a different grommet to feed it through because it was extremely hard, easy to find the grommet, just behind the heat sheild, then behind the grommet is a thick wall of foam, no matter how far i pushed the cable through it didn't come out behind the glove box, believe me i tried for a good hour before i gave up & started taking the battery/airbox out to use the other grommet, shouldve called you as your local :wink:

I mustve been using a different grommet to feed it through because it was extremely hard, easy to find the grommet, just behind the heat sheild, then behind the grommet is a thick wall of foam, no matter how far i pushed the cable through it didn't come out behind the glove box, believe me i tried for a good hour before i gave up & started taking the battery/airbox out to use the other grommet, shouldve called you as your local :wink:

I'm only a pm away :smile:

Can anyone get any pictures of this for reference please? I'm going to be relocating my battery so any help is appreciated :smile:

Pictures of which grommet behind the airbox or the heat sheild?

Heat sheild is easy enough to see yourself really, the airbox will be a bit annoying to strip it down again to get pics... but next time i do it ill get pics

Im actually wondering if i poked something when trying to feed the powercable through the heat sheild grommet that stopped reverse working...

I have clio 3 rs and just installed the subwoofer power cable.
What i did is i made a new hole in de main grommet at the foot pedals.
Pinch a hole with small screwdriver smaller then the cable. That way you make sure it will stay sealed!!

Then try to push the power cable (Yellow cable on picture) up with a thin screwdriver or long piece of metal wire.
It takes a lot of patience hahaha!

Ill send some pictures with it.

Attachments

• IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15