Rubber seals

What happens if you dont replace the rubber seals in between the door and the rear quarter windows that are renowned for splitting

Mine has gone on the drivers side and I'm going to replace it at some point. No leaks or anything else noticed so far.

no u won't get any leaks mate,its mainly there for the visual effect,kind of makes the front window flow with the rear better

its a pitty they cant make them stick to the edge of the door instead of the window line

mine are still original....not sure why they havent split yet but wonder if its to do with weathering or ultra violet rays from the "sun" :001_rolleyes: causing them to "rot"

mine split 12 months ago and i peeled them off i've never got round to replacing them but it's not really made any noticable difference

seems like a few of us of the same problem, does anyone know of a quick way of removing and replacing them. I can source the part no prob, but don't really know how to do it myself, any hints?

I think they just glue on? Could be wrong though I was thinking maybe them splittung could also be a reason of moisture getting inside the car and collecting on the window maybe??

they just stick on to the inside of the rear window with a long double sided sticky pads mate,so to remove them just pull them from the top or bottom,u won't do any damage,when removed you'll see how to fit the new ones