RSPez

RSPez

Paid Member
Hi all.

Made an account a few weeks ago. Been having a mooch around the site.
Dont own a Clio yet and missed out on a real clean one the other day.
Seen a few on auto trader including a couple of Silverstone editions, looking at the tech spec on Auto trader it says the Silverstone edition is 220bhp (I'm guessing that is incorrect?)

I'd prefer a newer 200 if I can find one. A 197 is a bit old for what i want.
Is there anything else I should be checking for aswell as what is stated in the buyers guide?

Bit it about me.
My names Andrew but everyone calls me Pez.
I'm 28 and live in Shrewsbury.
Currently drive a 2.0 hdi 206 had it 7 years first got on 64000
Now on 145000
Spec is:

2.0 hdi 8v block non Intercooler type. 90bhp 205nm (in standard form)
Mocal 18 row oil cooler with thermo plate.
De EGR valve via ECU and physically.
De cat back full stainless custom exhaust by MIJ Walsall
Induction cone.
Remap by HDi tuning ltd.
Dyno run produced 120bhp and 292nm

Bilstein B8 shortened sprint shocks
Eibach 50mm springs.
Peugeot 206 Gti 180 (top petrol version) rear axle including torsion and Anti roll bars, rebuilt by IM axle.
GTI 180 front roll bar and drop links.
Polybushed pretty much everything (purple ones)
BBM Group N Gti engine mounts
Quick release front Bumper.
205 Gti speedline alloys.

custom lightened and balanced flywheel. Was 10kg now 7kg.
Ground N linkages and quickshift.
Probally forgot something.

Its a quick little car for what it is and handles like a go cart.

Im looking at getting a Clio so I can concentrate on stripping the Peugeot and cleaning it up.
Add an Intercooler, better injectors , hybrid turbo and so on.

Anyway that's enough from me :smile:
Speak soon Pez

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Pez :smile:

The Buyers's Guide is pretty comprehensive, but if you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask. Yeah the Silverstone has no power differences over a standard 200, nice trim level though and Limited Edition.

Welcome aboard!

220 on a silverstone lol, all the special editions are the same bhp as the normal model!

Iv done a fair bit of looking around and that's what I thought [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] :wink:
Really not sure on which colour I really wanted a white clio, untill I went and had a look at a red one.
is there any colours that I shouldn't get?

Personally I wouldn't worry about the colour. Red is less popular but those who have it love it. I also like it. Alien Green is a bit marmite but again I like it (though I didn't at first) & think the car can carry it off. White is most popular. Mine is white though ironically it's probably my least favourite colour. I think it's more important to find a nicely specced car in good condition that's been cared for & had the maintenance done on time. Servicing, belts etc. Good luck in your search. Get a good one and you will not regret it. Great cars!

Welcome to the site mate, hopefully you'll find the right car :smile: You're on 206info too right?

Thanks for the tips/advice.
Yeah looking for a good spec [MENTION=107]johnny[/MENTION]99
and yeah I am on 206info [MENTION=53102]DS197[/MENTION] :smile:

So after almost a year of looking. Iv finally manged to pick up a Clio 200 in storm grey. It has a few bits that need doing to it but I'm sure this site will guide me in the correct direction.

So after almost a year of looking. Iv finally manged to pick up a Clio 200 in storm grey. It has a few bits that need doing to it but I'm sure this site will guide me in the correct direction.

Wow....huge congrats Andrew after being patient for so long !

Grey seems to be the in-colour right now. And i'm another who loves it. Some pics to refresh my memory would be great though :smile:

So what are your plans / what needs 'doing' ?

I have no pictures yet.
It will need a good clean and detail, possibly a stage one with the DA.
It all looks straight and I can see any car park knocks. (Its 2010 so I'm pleased)

It has a spot of rust under the wiper on the boot and a spot on the roof bar
So I will go and see Renault at some point about the anit corrosion warranty and see where I stand.

The F1 blade looks like the clips are not in correctly and needs to be looked at to see what the issue is there.

The drivers door window seal (the outside one that runs along the window) needs a new clip.

Do you no where I can find part numbers for these bits?

Cheers Pez

The patience has paid off in the end! That is a long wait, but always worth it for the right car. Hopefully you can get these little issues put right easily enough.

Perhaps @renaultpartsdirect can help you out with the part numbers for those bits??

Hi, any pictures of the new one? :smile:

Il try and get some pictures soon.

The patience has paid off in the end! That is a long wait, but always worth it for the right car. Hopefully you can get these little issues put right easily enough.

Perhaps @renaultpartsdirect can help you out with the part numbers for those bits??

Thanks il have a chat.
Yeah I just need to sit down and price up stuff.

Probably worth starting a progress Theead at some point.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RSPez Projects/Progress Threads 160