Rolls Royce Ghost

Got chauffeured around in one one of these last night.
A mate of mine and his missus called my missus and said meet us outside of your house as they were in a Roller.

Yep, he pulled up in a 60 plate Ghost, so we jumped in and went out for a spin for a couple of hours.
He got the loan of one for a day as he works for Rolls Royce at Goodwood, as apparently they let staff borrow "test" cars so they can drive around and notice any faults, foibles in general day to day driving of the car.

List price was around £170k!!!! But my mate told me there was every option available (things like military a grade night vision camera, side cameras, tv, fridge, curtains etc, etc) and he reckoned the car would've had a purchase price of around £230k!!
As you can imagine the car got quite a few looks, a funny moment was when we driving out of Portsmouth and some dude in a new Range Rover sport to our left, kept nudging his car up so he could get a closer look at the car and then try to see what celeb was in the back - I shut the auto curtains on the windows in true "celeb style" whilst we waiting at a set of traffic lights

It was an experience to get taken out in one, as I've only ever seen a few Phantoms in the flesh and never a Ghost. But you know what?
For a car worth over 200k it didn't actually feel like it was £200k car - plastic trim was on show (around the air vents for the rear seats) Although apparently in the Phantom they are made from chrome.

Very cool! I do like these, probably the only Roller I do like though!

Can't believe they have plastic in them though - that is pretty poor, you would have thought it would be finished properly ie aluminum etc!

Very nice, I drove an late seventies Jimmy Saville style gold rolls once, it was like driving a dingy in your sofa. I imagine they are much improved now. What she handle like?

never been fan of "luxury" cars like this or the Bently. Did you have fun? Shoulda drove it into a swimming pool, just so you could say thats how rock and roll you are.

tbh, for a £230k plus car, that interior looks SHOCKING! looks cheap!

Trust me it was extremely plush - But as mentioned above it felt not too different than being in a new 7 Series BMW. Although I would say the workmanship is of a different class to the 7 Series... The wood veneer, the hand painted piping down the outside of the car, etc.. But I suppose you pay for having the prestige of owning a Roller.

The car had 26000 miles on the clock and it felt like it had done 10. Engine was a beast something like 6.6 litre V12 twin turbo.

Ive had the privilege of starting a phantom... if I were to win the lotto and buy a multi million $$ (thats what we get charged down under) chauffeur driven limo itd be a roller no question The quality was amazing and the attention the public give well...

Trust me it was extremely plush - But as mentioned above it felt not too different than being in a new 7 Series BMW. Although I would say the workmanship is of a different class to the 7 Series... The wood veneer, the hand painted piping down the outside of the car, etc.. But I suppose you pay for having the prestige of owning a Roller.

The car had 26000 miles on the clock and it felt like it had done 10. Engine was a beast something like 6.6 litre V12 twin turbo.

thats the problem.................its a 7 series with an expensive overcoat on :huh:

its not the same as the english owned bespoke built vehicles of old - rolls and royce will be turning in their graves.......

seems to be the case of owning a roller means you pay hyped up prices? are they similar pricing to the maybachs etc?

seems to be the case of owning a roller means you pay hyped up prices? are they similar pricing to the maybachs etc?

My mate told me that very few Rolls Royce are purchased outright. The majority are on lease schemes, especially on the cars shipped to the US. I wonder what the monthly payments are?!?!?!

I would have a phantom any day, probably wouldn't have one of these though given the other choices available

Similar Thread Suggestions