Rolling Road Visit

Took my car to JamSport's rolling road today, in Northampton with my girlfriend and a few others from the FiestaSTOC forums.

Needless to say, I was pretty chuffed with my result considering the only mod I've made is sticking an ITG panel filter in! I was expecting around 180 - 185 at the most after seeing some others posted up.

3999097778_7b67d495cd_o.jpg

There was one ST that matched the 190bhp however!

Few pics from the day:

3997632759_9b475e239f_b.png

3998334008_070acd0fa5_b.png

3998390894_281f8d36ab_b.png

And a quick shot of all the cars:

3997583665_955cfeb779_b.png

:thumbup:

Last edited:
Great result.

Different dynos, different results - 197 is even possible on an engine dyno.

The real point is comparing apples with apples. Some may complain that the 197 is in fact far less but if Renaultsport coudn't prove the 197hp (repeatedly) they would have been litigated against. Moreover, it would have been easier and more inline with past models to call it a 192.

My 2 cents........

Last edited:
Great result.

Different dynos, different results - 197 is even possible on an engine dyno.

The real point is comparing apples with apples. Some may complain that the 197 is in fact far less but if Renaultsport coudn't prove the 197hp (repeatedly) they would have been litigated against. Moreover, it would have been easier and more inline with past models to call it a 192.

My 2 cents........

True, true...it depends upon who operates the dyno (can adjust load on the rollers) and the dyno manufacturer (sensitivity of the rollers, software,...).

IMHO, Clio 197 has 180-187bhp, unfortunately (5 different 197 have showed no more than 185,9 bhp on the same MAHA3000 rollers on the same day with the same operator here in Croatia, the average was 182bhp).

having a rr day at the end of the month with the fiat coupe club - so will be able to compare it to rs tunings rr figures :wink:

....and of course the higher one will be used for bragging rights :lol:

Different dyno different result for sure.
Plus, some tuners manipulate their dyno to make sure that the customer is happy.
A lot of tuners claim 197hp results on their dyno (we all know that ain't gonna happen unless you take the engine out of the car and run it in a cooled chamber or if you have a dyno that is located in a $$$ windtunnel to get a more realistic result), and after software they make their customers believe that they have 210hp.
Only the honest ones tell the truth, and that is sometimes hard to hear for people who know little about cars and who expect a lot of power with mild modifications.

On top of that, there is no air pressure when measuring power on a dyno.
Those blowers offer cooling but no pressure and for an NA engine this results in lower results.
On the road, our cars will produce a bit more power and torque.

Couldn't agree with you more! :thumbup:

not a bad result mate,

good to see a few of the old lads turn up then, rowly, scotty, is the silver ST Satch,s with the mountune kit fitted. and Katie,s new focus ST with the pink decals i bet that stands out lol. and of course Rach,s loving the new decals on hers mate.

Last edited:
Was a great day regardless, I know the guys there wouldn't give 'fake' results to make people happy, they know their stuff.

I'm happy with my result, and it will be good to compare it if I make any modifications to the engine and go back for another run - surely that's a good way of looking at the power increase?

I was talking to the owner and he was telling me about some mods they do which will see the clio up to 220bhp in some cases, but averages about 212 for most on their rollers.

not a bad result mate,

good to see a few of the old lads turn up then, rowly, scotty, is the silver ST Satch,s with the mountune kit fitted. and Katie,s new focus ST with the pink decals i bet that stands out lol. and of course Rach,s loving the new decals on hers mate.

Cheers chappo! Yea they were all there, all got some pretty good results too. Satch's matched the clio with 190 bhp!

i thought it might have been Satch,s mate,

the mountune allways does what it says on the tin, 165 or 185 they allways get great figures on R/R.

At which rpm did you (who tested your Clio on the dyno) reach peak power? I see that mradam87's reaches it at 6766rpm and then the power drops pretty rapidly :huh: wouldn't imagine it to be like that cause from the feeling when I drive my R27 I'd say the power delivery goes up to 7100+rpm :blink:

ps. Renault claims the peak power to be at 7250rpm.

I'm happy with my result, and it will be good to compare it if I make any modifications to the engine and go back for another run - surely that's a good way of looking at the power increase?

I'm not saying that the dyno operator has intentionally manipulated the results.

Yes, that's the best way to know how much did you gain with your mods. :thumbup1:

P.S. My dyno results so we can compare (this is with: Miltek complete exhaust system, K&N panel filter & remap):

Clio-197-Miltek--remap--KN-panel-fi.gif

Max. attained rpm = 7930 :blush:

@Raptor - at what rpm is your rev-limiter set after the remap?

Are there any problems revving the engine so high? Just thought of that because the previous engine I've had in my GTV was a 2 litre TS and the water pump cavitated after 7500rpm.....

Max. attained rpm = 7930 :blush:

@Raptor - at what rpm is your rev-limiter set after the remap?

Are there any problems revving the engine so high? Just thought of that because the previous engine I've had in my GTV was a 2 litre TS and the water pump cavitated after 7500rpm.....

It's 8000rpm now but I change gears ALWAYS @ 7500-7600rpm - found out that's the optimal revvrange.