Roar at 5k RPM

A little while ago i fitted an ITG filter, and now about a month later i've noticed that when i hit about 5000 RPM the noise goes from a the usual wind up drone to an outright rattling-shouty-roar.

First thoughts is the 2nd air intake opening at that revs.

Second thought was that the exhaust might reverb at a certain RPM range.

Open to other interpretations or advice... should i be concerned? it sounds bloomin' awesome though!

-AJ

Nah, wouldn't worry. Welcome to the world of a highly tuned NA engine. :smiley:

It's when the VVT kicks in and things start to get a bit more lairy that's all.

It is the power band but how many miles have you covered now?

With mine the feel/noise the engine made changed drastically at various points up to about 10k, the panel filter will bring out some of the induction noise too.

Mine's just ticked over 36K (197), sounds epic.

I had my centre section done and noticed mine sounds a lot different to the 200s that've had it done. Think these engine must just open up with more miles on.

It is the power band but how many miles have you covered now?

With mine the feel/noise the engine made changed drastically at various points up to about 10k, the panel filter will bring out some of the induction noise too.

About 7K on the clock now... walked it in the first 1k then from then it's been hard and fast whenever i get her on a country road :tongueout:

Im glad people are saying it gets better with age, this car sounds t*ts with the windows down!