Rev limiter raised to 8,000rpm

think a slightly raised rev limit on the 197/200 is a good thing - just gives you that bit extra margin when changing up at peak power and also to hold a gear for that fraction longer!

is it safe - thats debateable - occasionally then should be fine but continuos abuse then maybe not :foxspeed:

Nail on head foxspeed. My print out shows that max power is at 7450rpm but the power between this and 8000 is only very slightly lower, therefore it must be better to utilise that power than the lower power after shifting.

Funnily enough, had mine remapped last year with my exhaust etc and was raised to 7720/7750. Then had it mapped 2 weeks ago again cos of de cat and they raised it to 7900! I was already home when i realised but took it back this week and had it reduced to 7750 after talking to k-tec and 519 about what was 'safe'. Sounds like 7750 should be ok (always depends on use though i guess)

Remember that at higher RPM it's not just the increased risk of the big end letting go due to higher speed and load, it's also the risk of piston/valve contact from valve bounce.

Not saying

"OMG YOU'LL KILL YOUR ENGINE WTF" :zomg: blah blah blah,

it's just not everyone understands what kind of phenomena may or may not occur within their engine.

Seems 7750 is okay then?

The only reason I asked, the car pulls to the red line hard, feels it could do with a few more rpm.

I've always been told ( by multiple tuners ) 7800rpm with ARP bolts and 8000rpm with uprated con rods, past this stronger valve springs are needed.

F4Rs usually start to drop off the power over 7200-7500 anyway.