Rev counter sound, maybe

Tom

Platinum Member
Hey all,

Got a 200 with just over 6k on the clock and it's making a funny noise under heavy acceleration/deceleration.

It doesn't sound mechanical like the gearbox or the engine but it does sound like it's behind the dials.

I first noticed it when I changed up at about 8k revs and the Rev needle dropped significantly.

I managed to replicate it by doing the same again.

I can only hear it with the windows up, it's quite quiet. It's a quiet grinding like sound.

It does it quite a lot when I rev the car up to 8k whilst not in gear.

Anyone have any ideas on what it could be? I did a search and didn't nt find much.

Any help would be awesome.

Cheers!

Tom.

I experienced the exact same thing at around 6.5k revs yesterday but thought I was imagining things! Just heard a slight noise coming from behind the rev counter. Strange.

Mine does it to. Was tempted to take the.clocks apart but if others are getting ill just live with it

Could it be the top engine mount, theres a cover on the side that can come loose n vibrate.

Mine does this too, try coming on and off the throttle very gently above 6k, you should hear ever such a slight crunch each time you come on and off from behind the dials? I have mine in to Renault for this, cant be normal.

If I rev it stationary it rattles around 4.5k and around 6k whilst in movement. Let us know the outcome so I can take it in with some evidence!

Must have a check at this, excuse me if I am asking an obvious question, but when you say to check the top engine mount, what exactly are we looking for that would confirm something is wrong with it?

I had it on mine, where the bolt head is on the side theres a cover round it
C47C01D9-F0E2-4F28-9680-27DF96043F81-2718-00000516CC2418D6_zps1c7fbb41.jpg

Will give this a check later on, thanks for the info, hopefully it is something nice and simple like this :smile: