Reswapping a Akrapovic Evo

Hello,

Maybe a silly question but here goes ...

I'm seriously considering an Akrapovic Evo exhaust. Fact is that in Belgium, this exhaust is illegal ( the slip - on isn't ).

Within 4 year I will have to go to the technical checkup, so plenty of time left.

But then i will have to swap the exhaust...

It's why I'm wondering: would it take a lot of time for a skilled mechanic to swap the original exhaust back on it?

Or can I simply replace the "EVO" part of the exhaust, with the OEM part?

Anyone has an idea?

It's not that hard. It's a case of dropping the rear diffuser and 1 bolt in the middle slipping it off and putting a sleeve back on for the old exhaust

lmao ^^^^^^^ as above i am sure they wouldnt mind :smile:

Hehehe. It's always worth a try indeed.

I'll try do get through the test with the akra. Gonna test my luck, and we'll see afterwards what I should do.

My only concern was that when you have to cut on the OEM system, that I wouldn't fit anymore... So this is incorrect right? I'm quite a technical noob ^^

Last edited:
You do need to cut the original system but this can be reconnected with a sleeve clamp, circa £18 from your local Renault dealer, the same clamp is used if you replace part of the system.

It's like a belgians forum here! :smiley:
I have to go every year to the technical checkup with the akra evo system!
I would remove the carbon exhaust tips and the akrapovic name tags on the exhaust.
And hope they wouldn't notice! :smile:

It's like a belgians forum here! :smiley:
I have to go every year to the technical checkup with the akra evo system!
I would remove the carbon exhaust tips and the akrapovic name tags on the exhaust.
And hope they wouldn't notice! :smile:

Are you the guy that's on Autoforum.be too?

The one that ordered a alien green 200, which was delivered in the wrong spec?

If yes, then you still need to install it right? Are you going for the slip-on or the full Evo system?

Are you the guy that's on Autoforum.be too?

The one that ordered a alien green 200, which was delivered in the wrong spec?

If yes, then you still need to install it right? Are you going for the slip-on or the full Evo system?

Yup thats me! :smiley: I've chosen the full Evo system!
I'll have it installed when the car has 3000kms.

Last edited: