resonated or non resonated???

hi guys, first post on here! just picked up a 197 last friday, loving it so far, drives beautifully.

i plan on in the next few months getting a decat full milltek system, induction kit or panel filter (not decided yet) and then having it remapped.

my question is basically about the noise of the exhaust as I'm unsure wether to get the resonated or non resonated system..
i like the idea of non res but i just wondered if some of you think it might be too loud, and if anyone owns one what is it like at low revs and just cruising around etc. and if anyone has the resonated system if it sounds just as good?

basically my last car was a corsa 1.8 sri (i know!!) but i had a straight through centre section and backbox by sniper.. this was insanely loud, to the point people could hear me leave the house up until about half a mile down the road hah, this was all good but at low revs and idle it was still a very loud low grumble but everyone moaned about it so while i still want something loud, not TOO loud!

thanks for any advice!!
Rhys

Welcome [emoji4]

The Miltek resonated system are pretty quiet, on idle they are only a little louder standard, under load the give a nice deep purposeful noise.

The non resonated system is a fair bit louder, but still not asbo levels of noise. On idle its noticeably louder than standard. Gives a more raspier noise note on the go compared to than the resonated version. Also it will drone a little on motorways.

I think you would be ok going for the non resonated version. There are plenty of videos on YouTube to help you make up your mind. [emoji4]

I have a resonated scorpion with both cats still in place and that's pretty loud. Full decat without a silencer will be very loud.

I've got a scorpion non res with decat to go on next week, will that be asbo loud ?

Sorry to hijack

Ive got a ktec full system which has the middle box so is resonated and does my head in so couldnt imagine what non resonated would be lyk

I've got the scorpion system decat and non resonated and I love it I would say it's too loud but has a lovely rasp to it

try youtube mate..will give u an idea of what they sound like..i have a k-tec resonated and that is very decent up to 3,000 revs...but anything above is beautifully balanced..can only recommend...

Last edited:
Check my progress thread out or Instagram: stubonez

that's decat manifold, decat pipe & scorpion non res exhaust. Personally love the sound but it's bloody loud

I have the Miltek non res and decat system. Absolutely love it. Sound wise it's not too loud or chavy. Can't comment on a resonated system as I haven't heard one of them in the flesh. One thing to consider is daily mileage, if you do miles on the motorway daily I would not recommend the non res and decat as it does my head in on the rare occasion I go in the motorway. Great idea if you're going for a weekend blast on country roads, put you windows down and enjoy. Where are you located may I ask?

Is milltek quieter than other systems such as scorpion?

I didn't think they'd be much different considering they are likely to be the same nominal bore, material and weld type.

Is milltek quieter than other systems such as scorpion?

I didn't think they'd be much different considering they are likely to be the same nominal bore, material and weld type.

Miltek resonated system has a way bigger centre silencer than the scorpion making the Miltek is quieter.

Both non-resonated versions will be around the same noise level.

thanks for the replies people, ive had a look at a load of youtube vids. think I've made my mind up.. for now!

Check my progress thread out or Instagram: stubonez

that's decat manifold, decat pipe & scorpion non res exhaust. Personally love the sound but it's bloody loud

had a look on your instagram mate! sounds lovely! think i might just go for the non res! :thumbsup:

I have the Miltek non res and decat system. Absolutely love it. Sound wise it's not too loud or chavy. Can't comment on a resonated system as I haven't heard one of them in the flesh. One thing to consider is daily mileage, if you do miles on the motorway daily I would not recommend the non res and decat as it does my head in on the rare occasion I go in the motorway. Great idea if you're going for a weekend blast on country roads, put you windows down and enjoy. Where are you located may I ask?

yeah mate thats what i was worried about sounding a bit too chavy, having just come from a corsa c obviously notorious for it haha!
im in nottingham mate!