Request....Wrexham/Chester area!

Wondering if anyone living in the Chester/Wrexham area with a 197 would meet up one night.

I feel like my gearbox has become a more notchy. The car has been into Renault but they have said its normal. To me it doesnt feel right, before it was smooth (I know unusual for a Renault!) so I wondered if anyone would allow me to just sit in their 197 and compare the gearbox with my own and this is one of the only ways I can think to put my mind at rest!

I know its a strange request but its doing my head in!

Thanks

Hughsie

Mine went the same mate,had it checked by my local dealer and they said the same that it was normal

This was months ago and it's not got worse just a bit notchy but no crunching.

Could be the weather as it seems smoother on a milder day,i'm having it serviced soon so might have a box oil change see if it helps at all.

Hope that makes you feel better about it.

Phil

I think they all feel a bit stiffer when it's cold out. The weather has been sh!te lately, I always let the car have a minute or two warming up on the drive before I set off and this seems to make engaging first gear much easier then if I just jump in and go. It was the same on my old FIAT Coupe, that b!tch had to be ran for 15 minutes on a cold day before you could get any gear at all. :smiley:

Thanks for the input guys....yeah mine is going in for a service next week to Birchdown. When I spoke to the lads on the phone they were brilliant and said they would take a look for me no worries.

Hey Kieran, if its ok I may give you a shout one night?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
joehodges154 Clio General Chat 2
EthanMenace Clio 200 Area 0
S Clio 200 Area 2
harey Clio 200 Area 3
harey Clio 200 Area 23