Renault sport side skirts, any fitting tips???

Hi guys ordered my side skirts for my Gw 200 today from Karl.( top bloke too) ill be putting them on this weekend, any fitting tips or advice?.cheers Joe

Don't!

The finish and fit is dreadful. Measure them before you fit them as one of mine was shorter than the other. I was under the impression they could be bonded but they weight far too much. You need to remove screws from the original skirts and the put them through the new skirts. They also come with rivets which have to go through the underside of the car. The big one that put me off was drilling a hole into the side of the skirt so the rear of the skirt attaches. You will have a visible hole if you ever remove them.

There are no pre drilled holes just a slight groove where you have to drill, might be worth slotting this groove so you can adjust before final fitting.

I just drilled mine and fitted but i have one in a slightly different position (no it's not on the roof) and once they are rivited it'd be a big job to redoo.

Just take time and care to line up before the final riviting.:thumbsup:

I took mine to local bodyshop..... Had change out of £100 cup spoiler and skirts, wasn't worth the hassle imo for what they charged

The actual fitting isn't an issue, should be fun infact. It's the idea of drilling into my car, and never being able to undo it that I'm not sure of, measure twice drill once!!!

I had no issues with mine and think they look great!! But if they go on best not to take them off so only do if your 100%.

I had no issues with mine and think they look great!! But if they go on best not to take them off so only do if your 100%.

Exactly!! What hole is left that is actually visable?.
I guess this will be clear when the skirts arrive.
I've also got an outline cage to fit at the weekend too :smile:

I wasn't sure at first but with the rest of RS stuff, looks great. The issue about leaving 'holes' is the same for all the RS stuff, cup spoiler included.

I wasn't sure at first but with the rest of RS stuff, looks great. The issue about leaving 'holes' is the same for all the RS stuff, cup spoiler included.

Yeah but the boot lid can be changed for another, the side of the car can't! Maybe I'm picturing this wrong!

Yeah but the boot lid can be changed for another, the side of the car can't! Maybe I'm picturing this wrong!

It's drilled into the standard plastic side skirt, not the lower quarter panel so that 'could' be replace after too.