Renault Sport mats question

jordan94

Paid Member
Hi i got some renault sport mats for £50, they said they are for a clio 197 but they are just sliding everywhere moving fowards/backwards and when i press my clutch in it sometimes catches on the mat and lifts it up over the brake pedal.

Are these plastic clips supposed to go anywhere? i dont see anywhere they could clip into.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I thought for £50 the mats would be a little bit better.

Attachments

• image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 147
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 148
If I was you I'd try and match up some studs that screw into the floor or just buy some universal studs and clips off eBay. Take the clips that are in the mat out and replace them with the new ones and screw the studs into the floor. Thats what I did with a different set of tailored mats that I purchased. My 197 didn't have studs in the floor from factory either :worried:

Must admit I've had this problem, almost as if you can't line the mats up properly without them catching on the clutch pedal :thumb1:

For anyone interested if your car doesnt have the clips built into the carpet the part number you need is 8200079548

Just a update got the official renualt part today. cost me £8 all together with postage, apparently they dont come in pairs so i only got 1. Dont wanna spend another £8 on a hook too so just going to buy some velcro now.

Similar Thread Suggestions