Renault Sport exhaust (r3 or clio cup), does anyone have it?

I'm looking for the best exhaust. I suppose that the renault sport one is maybe the best (it have to be a good one if it is used in competitions).
I only know one person who have it, but I think there must be more people...
Whats your opinios about it? Sound, performance, flat spot?
Pd. And where can I buy it online?

Last edited:
I fitted a exhaust without cat and intermedium, and back silencer Vimesa. I love this sound, I don't think it was too loud for road, at least for me. The contra was the flat spot, because of that I'm looking for the renault sport part intermedium.

Renaultsport item has no centre silencer so you'll still suffer from the flatspot unless you have a Remap.

The centre or intermidium, is just a straight pipe. The RS item is around £750 or you can have one made at an exhaust shop for around £200 and put £550 back in the bank. The RS rear section is around £850 and it looks virtually identical to the TDF and Supersprint rear sections (imitation is the highest form of flattery and all that). For what you'd pay for just one section of the genuine ''Cup'' exhaust, you could have an exact copy custom made for less than half. The prices do not in any way reflect the quality or technology of the parts; it's a stainless straight centre pipe and a stainless double box rear section. That's all, nothing special.

Don't waste your money. If you really want to spend £1500 on an exhaust, then give me the money and let me make you one... I'll see about £1350 profit!!! :smiley:

I only want the cat.
I fitted straigth exhaust and I suffered from flatspot.
Then I added a sport centre, and I still suffer from flatspot (less than before). Also I think that now the car is slower than before with the straight pipe...

I have one more question:
Can influence in the performance the position of the center silencer? I ask this because I think that my center is placed too far back.

I'm not sure which Cat the use on the R3 and Cup to be honest, I think the Cup uses the standard secondary Cat...

I use a 200 Cell Sports-Cat and have no real flatspot at all. I don't think it's made much difference to power but the delivery is smoother.

Position of the silencer will play some part in performance as it's a restriction. So anything that causes a restriction will have more or less of an effect the closer or further away it is positioned from the Manifold. The engine only needs backpressure in the Manifold to aid scavenging, after the Manifold the less restriction you have the better it is. But that causes flatspots with how this car is setup from the factory, although a Remap will really help that and in some cases the flat spot can be completely removed.

I'd guess the clio cup one will suffer from the flat spot, afterall these cars are never in the 2000-3000rpm rev range where you'll suffer from the flatspot.

The akrapovic is pretty much the perfect exhaust IMO

you will probably find that clio cup racers will have no flatspot, this wont be down to exhaust thou, more down to the mapping on the different ecu

Ok, thanks for all answers.
I'm going to refit the straight exhaust because now I have flatspot and the sound is not like... I love the sound of straight pipe :001_tt1:

I'm not sure which Cat the use on the R3 and Cup to be honest, I think the Cup uses the standard secondary Cat...

I use a 200 Cell Sports-Cat and have no real flatspot at all. I don't think it's made much difference to power but the delivery is smoother.

Position of the silencer will play some part in performance as it's a restriction. So anything that causes a restriction will have more or less of an effect the closer or further away it is positioned from the Manifold. The engine only needs backpressure in the Manifold to aid scavenging, after the Manifold the less restriction you have the better it is. But that causes flatspots with how this car is setup from the factory, although a Remap will really help that and in some cases the flat spot can be completely removed.

the small cat is emptied, then there is a 100cell

dscn4298p.jpg

That is a work of art!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers Simo, thought there was some kind of Cat on the Cup.

where would you get a 100 cell sports cat mate,thinking of fitting one to mine and removing the centre silencer

The usual suspects, K-Tec, my good buddy! :wink:

There's a few other places too that do universal ones, but K-Tec have a specific 197/200 length one that'll save a bit of faffing about. Could send you some links next time I'm on the laptop if you want?

The usual suspects, K-Tec, my good buddy! :wink:

There's a few other places too that do universal ones, but K-Tec have a specific 197/200 length one that'll save a bit of faffing about. Could send you some links next time I'm on the laptop if you want?

cheers will,ktec would be the sensible route to take as it will just replace my decat pipe i assume,isn't there's a 200 cell though?

also would there be much performance difference between 100 and 200 cell cats?

They have both 100 and 200 mate. :smile:

It'd be more free-flowing (slightly) than a 200, but it's debatable that you'd feel any difference between 100 and 200. Should still do the job with the emissions and flat spot though, the 200 is great for that. Better than standard with the flat spot and from memory the emissions was virtually identical as standard too... I'll have to dig the MOT's out, quite intrigued to know myself now.

Think there's a bit of a price difference from memory, £75-80 or so.

If you remove centre silencer i advise you a 200cell
If you stay with centre silencer you can go for 100

Talking around performence!!