Renault Sport Deals!! SGP Ordered

am i being stupid or why would anyone judge value on monthly payments?

i could get a car for £50 per month - but if i pay it off over 100 years at 20% the deal wasn't that sweet.

not knocking anyone but total payment is the only thing that matters isn't it?

Of course it depends on his term, but if hes just paying a monthly payment, then its a monthly saving hes got, like most people he may not ever own the car, just treat it as a monthly rental. If he can get a newer car, with better spec at a lower payment than hes paying now whats not to like. What sane person would want to own an RS Clio anyway?

Of course it depends on his term, but if hes just paying a monthly payment, then its a monthly saving hes got, like most people he may not ever own the car, just treat it as a monthly rental. If he can get a newer car, with better spec at a lower payment than hes paying now whats not to like. What sane person would want to own an RS Clio anyway?

As i say i'm not knocking and i'd be excited at the new car too, and they look fantastic, but in pure financial terms, long term, that sort of reasoning makes no sense. As you say that's not the basis of these sort of decisions though.

Loving mine, after the initial euphoria of driving one I entered into a world of despair trawling thru the many warranty threads.

I decided to just get out and drive it. Done 1k so far and love it when on the right road. In town its a bit too stiff but its growing on me and for the money I think its good value even if the "specialness" is questionable.

First proper clean tomorrow....

:smile:

I have owned my cup for about 26 months now and have covered just over 25k! I have loved every mile I have done so far and the only thing I have missed is all the extras you get with a FF model. Went down to my local dealership to look at getting a Megane 250 but I can't justify spending almost 25k and due to a work change only 5k miles a year. I was offered a pretty good deal on a silverstone gp model and I took it.

I pick the car up on the 5th and booked in for a protection film to be fitted to the black insert and the upper bumper section as this took a bit of a battering on my cup.

Im not a big fan of the cup spoiler but seeing as my ktec sprint spoiler cost almost £350 to fit I refused to seal the deal unless a cup spoiler was thrown in. Managed to get one for £70 in the end which wasn't a bad deal really!

I know its no faster and I know it's just a specced up FF Clio but its a fresh car and it will see me through till the next gen renaultsport comes out.

Plan is to just keep it mint and the miles down! Will be adding projector headlight units and the usual little bit here and there. Im going to miss my cup as I love the GW agains the black but I think MS will grow on me.

Last edited:
am i being stupid or why would anyone judge value on monthly payments?

i could get a car for £50 per month - but if i pay it off over 100 years at 20% the deal wasn't that sweet.

not knocking anyone but total payment is the only thing that matters isn't it?

The total payable is very much linked to the monthly payment.

Generally when people are talking about monthly payments they are talking PCPs so the lower the payment the better the deal. But deposit does effect this so can't always directly compare.

might give someone a wee phonecall today, reckon ive about 2k equity in my 200. See what kinda deals they can put together for me.

What do you think would be better buy? Silverstone or a LY 200 w/cup chassie, recaros and black speedlines.

might give someone a wee phonecall today, reckon ive about 2k equity in my 200. See what kinda deals they can put together for me.

What do you think would be better buy? Silverstone or a LY 200 w/cup chassie, recaros and black speedlines.

For me the LY would be the more 'Special' to look at car. But the SGP would obviously be the more special, especially when it comes to re-sale value. With them only making 50 of them. TBH I had a look around one as WSR, and I wasn't blown away by it, but its a lovely motor :smile:

I would say the sgp us slightly more special as there will be more LY 200s.

Also the SGP makes more sense financially(on a PCP) as the basic price is higher so the GFV will be higher meaning on a monthly PCP the SGP will be cheaper even though the rrp will be similar.

As far as I know all 50 have been sold, mine is no41 and ready for me collect tomorrow! I asked dealer how many was left and he said they had all gone, but definately worth a try

I pick mine up on the 5th. When I ordered mine last weekend I was told there was 5 left but as suthy has said they might have all gone. I wonder what number mine will be!