renault main dealer visit

went to renault today to have a look at a clio 200 today and the guys lack of knowledge was absolutely shocking,that coupled with the him telling me he had just sold a civic gt which he also knew nothing about was shocking im not being funny but surely he should have some form of basic knowledge of the car apart from just its power and the fact it has nice recaro seats

Tbh its not a common car like a basic clio, wheres theres probaly not a lot to know. Thats why its always best to do plenty of research beforehand and know things to look for.

Anything in particular about them you want to know?

I didn't disagree! In fact when I visisted a main dealer to test drive a 200t the guy really knew his stuff.

@ nutnutwelshman, how lucky are you. My local Renault dealer didn't want to sell me a car, I tried 3 times, perhaps when those 3 cars went there for service, they maybe took me more seriously. They now greet me when ever I visit, and don't take this the wrong way, but it was an 8 month heavily pregnant saleswoman that sold me my 200T. She was very helpful and very up to speed on the car. She even had me out for a test drive in under 30 minutes in their demonstrator and let me have it the next day for a real test drive. It is a shame they missed out on a 200cup a Trophy 265 and a FF200 all bought from other Renault dealers 100s of miles away.

Unfortunately car enthusiasts are not priority customers, we are a small percentage who the majority are buying used, a salesman is targeted for his sales, not his car knowledge, I listened in on a sales conversation about a Ford, the customer asked what the ecoboost was, apparently it is a switch for economy. When the customer asked if the car had a turbo charger the salesman answered no, it was just the ST's that had them, they are only fitted on the performance cars, if they fitted them on the smaller cars the insurance would be sky high along with the fuel economy. Car sales are about numbers, not customers and not the cars unfortunately.

One day we will just go on line spec the car, enter the part ex, arrange the finance and it will be delivered to your work.