200: Renault Extended Warranty

Hi,

Got a letter today in the post from renault offering me an extended warranty on my 200. The 3 year warranty is up in August this year and the car has just clicked 19,000 miles.

They have offered me a years warranty for £377, is this a standard set figure or is this a good or bad price?

Not sure if I will even bother taking them up on that, thoughts welcome, it is a tough call, another insurance really....Has anyone on here taken it out with them and been glad of it lol? Argh don't know what to do...

Thanks

Standard price OiNK, its the same price on their website. I think when the time comes for mine to turn 3 I'll be extending the warranty if for piece of mind if nothing else.

I wouldn't bother personally. The only thing you'll be worried about is the gearbox and from what it seems, the going rate for a contribution is about £400 anyway.

Ah, such a dilemma not sure what to do...no doubt it is something that would be nice to have...hmmmm....

I tried a couple of different companies, who both quoted over £500. Plus you get tons of unwanted texts and emails grrrr. Went with RUK in the end, felt pretty similar about the whole thing to you.

I wish there was a parts only warranty. I don't trust Renault to carry out a service let alone replace a slave cylinder without damaging something else, based on that I'm in two minds to extend or not.

Your better off just complaining RUK if something goes wrong that really shouldn't if your out of warranty, although it seems even if you have warranty more than often its the case anyways. waste of money IMO, I can't see where the piece of mind is, you'll be put through the same ol crap before they actually decide they might have a go at making it worse......

all depends on what is and isnt covered for £377...

compare with a couple of warranty providers to see how it compares on excess and whats covered/not covered!

to be honest its not a lot of money £377 in the grand scheme of things if an item goes wrong :bye2:

i dont know anyones financial position but for £377 it is at least on paper a piece-of-mind spend :thumbup1:

Funny how they cover the clutch but on the bottom, normal wear and tear is not covered.

Seems like catch 22 to me.