Renault diamond painting

I have thought about taking off the 'clio' on the rear of the car completely, removing the renault diamonds and RS badge to spray them gloss back to match the wing mirrors. Has anyone dont this and got any best practices, hints, tips on doing it or something similar?

To take off the clio badge use some dental floss to slice off the glue. Then you will need some tar removed to remove the final bits of glue left behind.

To remove the front badge you will need to remove the bumper. The rear diamond just pulls off I think.

To get a good finish, I'd suggest you do the following:

Rough the surface of the diamonds with something like 800grit and prime with a plastic primer. One light dusting first and leave to dry. Then give a few light coats 10 minutes apart. Leave to dry for 24 hours or cure with a heat gun.
The apply the top coat, same process as the primer.
Then same with a laquer to give it a true gloss finish and make it last well

removing bumpers to paint a badge sounds a bit extreme! might just go with removing the clio badges! I didnt think it would require so much effort

I did my front one today. Managed to get it off my almost scraping right through my right arm in the process. However once you get the right torx bit (t20) in place and are able to unscrew then all is good from there.

I do have one question....My badge is now painted gloss black and everything is fitted back to the car except the badge itself. The reason for this is because i am waiting for the lacquer to dry properly. I did try to refit it but upon doing so i noticed if i pushed the badge too hard it left an imprint on it where the microfibre i was using had been putting pressure on it. Luckily i have been able to buff this slight mark out and now the badge is just sitting waiting to be re-fitted.

How long will it take to dry properly? I have heard it can take a long time?

Thanks

I did my front one today. Managed to get it off my almost scraping right through my right arm in the process. However once you get the right torx bit (t20) in place and are able to unscrew then all is good from there.

I do have one question....My badge is now painted gloss black and everything is fitted back to the car except the badge itself. The reason for this is because i am waiting for the lacquer to dry properly. I did try to refit it but upon doing so i noticed if i pushed the badge too hard it left an imprint on it where the microfibre i was using had been putting pressure on it. Luckily i have been able to buff this slight mark out and now the badge is just sitting waiting to be re-fitted.

How long will it take to dry properly? I have heard it can take a long time?

Thanks

i would imagine 24 hours in a nice warm house should be fine mate.

lacquer is the one coat you want to make sure sets properly before you do anything. if the previous coat of paint is tacky before you put another coat on, its not too much of a problem, bt lacquer can ruin the whole job if you dont let it set properly.

I refurbed my misses mini cooper s wheels, an it took me 2 days, an another 2 days on top jus to wait for the lacquer to dry and they were baked in the conservatory lol