Renault Diagnostics Check

Guys, can their diagnostic tool check for a problem that was there but has gone since restarting the car? I.e I've had limp mode check ignition 3 times now over the last couple of days but as soon as I switch off and on again it goes and I don't know when it will come back to show the engineers. Cheers.

It should log most errors in the ECU history so I would say that they should be able to see them. Most cars would do that, so I'm presuming the Clio is the same :smile:

I am under the impression that all fault codes are logged in the ecu enabling the CLIP system to retrieve them at a later date

Cheers guys i'm going to go over leicester this afternoon and get it plugged in. It's weird on limp mode, you just touch the gas pedal and it seems to thinks its full throttle.

Cheers guys i'm going to go over leicester this afternoon and get it plugged in. It's weird on limp mode, you just touch the gas pedal and it seems to thinks its full throttle.

thats a bit of a clue to the fault....throttle pedal or throttle body by the sounds of it...

yea could be any of those I guess or a number of other things. It's just weird how it's been fine for a couple of days, even some very spirited driving and then on the way to work this morning, boom happens again.