Renault Clio 197 R3 Access suspension.

John Gordon

Paid Member
Hi,

Did a search, could not find anything.

Does anyone have any experience with fitting the R3 Access suspension setup to their road/track car? I had a little chat with R-Sport Wimbledon this afternoon and it seems like a viable option.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Hi there, yes I have fit this kit to a number of cars including my own race car. What do you need to know ?
Hi,

Did a search, could not find anything.

Does anyone have any experience with fitting the R3 Access suspension setup to their road/track car? I had a little chat with R-Sport Wimbledon this afternoon and it seems like a viable option.

Any insight would be appreciated.

I bought the kit just now, but I have not installed yet... But in some weeks will happen...

I promised to write something about my Access suspensions. I (still) have not fitted the suspensions but at least they are ready to build in...
I ordered every parts from our local Renault dealer, because the Renault Motorsport did not answered my e- mails. I downloaded the part list from renaultsport.com. http://www.renaultsport.com/Parts.html
Front suspension articles are at Page 32.01.
attachment.php
The rears at 34.01.
attachment.php

I went to the dealer with the part numbers and ordered the parts one by one. The most articles arrived in 10 days, but some of them after 3 months only!!!
(The sliding bearings of the front suspension (22) were the last ones...
The complete Access suspension without the TOP MOUNTS were cost of 860T HUF without VAT. It is about 1935 GBP...
It was very easy to complete the coilover from the spare parts except the sliding bearings (nr. 22 at 32.01) I needed help of a mechanic to press the bearings to the tube.
I did not ordered the Top Mounts because I use the SIMO'S top mounts an I think the Access top mounts are worse than that...

There are some articles that you do not need to order because there are fitted on another articles also... If somebody needs info, I will write a list what part numbers should have been ordered.
I have taken some photos:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1491725717824819.1073741836.100009622146534&type=1&l=6035b94c8b

In case of any questions simply ask me...

Attachments

• 32.01.jpg
    32.01.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 34.01.jpg
    34.01.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited: