Removing steering wheel help

Hi I am trying to remove the airbag to get my steering off to be retrimmed, iv seen a few how to guides but can I f__k get it off.. I'm at me wits end lol..
Turned the wheel upside down and got a mirror to see if I could see where to put screw driver through to release the clip,, now there is a small round hole and a larger square hole where I can see a metal clip, is this the clip I need to release?? Or is it the small hole,,, tried poking the screw driver through the small hole but can't feel any sort of clip inside...
Any help would be great as im getting no where fast..
Cheers..

Probably poking it through the wrong way(that sounds dodgy lol)
Turn wheel upside down and push through hole straight down and not towards you, you have to take plastic trim off from around wheel so you can see the larger hole as well, push down through the little hole, you should be able to see through larger hole and I just pushed it off with another screw driver through bigger hole, pig of a job, took me like two hours to sort it out, and with a few pms to ralphyBMW!

Cheers lads.. Just managed to get it pulled off,, can't believe how much force was needed to do it.. Just tried to pull one of the plugs off the air bag and it has cracked and still won't move.. Luke did you take the plugs off the airbag itself of the little plug in the wheel it's self??