Removing air vents

I'm trying to remove this air vent. The damage shown is from an air freshener...need to remove it to repair it or replace :worried:
I can't pull it out - has anyone had this out before?

Thanks.

2013-09-14 13.51.51.jpg

All you need is a wide flat tool to lever it out the entire vent comes out including the "ball" thing and the surround, I use a drill size guide to remove mine and just lever it out with a bit of force, for that vent I levered the top left corner to get it out

Plastic spatula from the kitchen done the trick for me they are a bit reluctant to come out but with a bit of gentle force all the way round they will pop out.

Then just unclip the large holder from the actual vent surround and bob is your fathers uncle.

Thanks for the tips. The spatula option worked well!

That's the last time I hang an air freshener on the dash instead of the rear view. You gotta watch 'em!

Yeah that's pretty impressive tbh. I got given one from the cheap Bosnian car wash last month.

Wonder if someone passes out at a party and I hang it over their eyebrows will it have the same effect :smiley:

Most 'tree' air fresheners will do that to plastics, gotta watch out with them! The vents are nice and easy to get off, just need something like a plastic screwdriver or anything flat.