Removing accelerator connector from pedal

Hi
Is there an easy way to remove the accelerator connector from the pedal without removing the whole pedal?
Got a sprint booster (had 1 on my 172 and it was great) but unlike the 172, it doesn't simply pull off .

Any help appreciated

They don't increase the power of the car, just increase depression signal to the computer and increasing the revs. I think this is a great bit of kit (especially on NA cars where you want to get into the higher rev range asap) and this will be the 3rd one i have bought (saxo vts and a clio 172 cup) and now for my 197. Very simple to install and other 2 took me around a minute with just a screwdriver but having problems working out how to disconnect the connector to the pedal as it doesnt seem to have an obvious point where you push in and disconnect like it did on the other cars.
And i dont fancy paying a garage for such a quick job

where u get the sprint booster from mate. I tried to fit my 172 one to my 197 but i think them different.

Got it from r-tec, uk company but they had to get it delivered from a distributor in Germany. Its different to the 172 as its the next gen version (comes with 3 different rev signal boosts). The 172 was so easy to fit but having difficulty with the 197, just don't want to yank the cable out of the pedal but cant see any clip etc to remove and pull.

how much they cost nowadays if u dont mind me asking. Oh and part number.

Got it from r-tec, uk company but they had to get it delivered from a distributor in Germany. Its different to the 172 as its the next gen version (comes with 3 different rev signal boosts). The 172 was so easy to fit but having difficulty with the 197, just don't want to yank the cable out of the pedal but cant see any clip etc to remove and pull.

When you get it installed, tell us if you feel the difference.

is this like the same principal as a quick action throttle tube on a bike? more throttle opening for less twist or in this case depression of the pedal?

Exactly Ken, simple but (in my past experience) very effective. There was a site that sold them for £175 but no longer supply them (or get them in) so had to get from R-Tec (google it) they have a search option on the site - sprint booster and it will come up. Mine came from germany to uk and then special delivery to me in just over a week for £207 all in. Bit expensive as my Generation1 version for clio 172 cost me £150 but i had a lot of mods for that - full exhaust, decat, upgraded manifold, carbon enclosed induction kit and a remap and i noticed the biggest difference with the booster. Lot of people slag them off but can only talk from experience

arrrggghhhh! managed to get the plug out but just above there is a a piece of metal (part of the accelerator bracket) which is in the way of it fitting and needs to be cut out or bent out of way but its thick metal. Pain in the arse

Had the Booster installed today, on the high boost setting the car revs around twice as fast! the difference in acceleration is AMAZING! genuinely feels like a new car. My brother has a new megane 250 and it feels like im driving that. Best mod by far :smile:

I dont understand how this works? Surely, you depress the pedal fully, the throttle body opens fully? Does it eliminate some of the lag associated with this process?

When you depress the accelerator fully, the throttle doesnt completely open, there is a delay which the booster iliminates but the main improvement is in the speed that the engine revs up. The unit simply increases the signal from the pedal to the ECU (this is simplest way i can describe)

Had the Booster installed today, on the high boost setting the car revs around twice as fast! the difference in acceleration is AMAZING! genuinely feels like a new car. My brother has a new megane 250 and it feels like im driving that. Best mod by far :smile:

Where can I find one of these? And also if anyone has done this can we have a 'How To' please

There available from a company called r-tec (google them), have to bend/cut a tiny piece of metal that is just above the pedal bracket, then just unclip the cable that goes into pedal and place the SB inbetween. Job done. If it wasn't for the metal, would only take 20-30 seconds to fit

Thats one thing ive definately noticed going from a 106 gti to the 200.

The throttle needs alot more work/depression to rev, whereas the gti was reving from the slightest touch...due to it being cable rather than electronic

Sounds a cracking bit of kit tbh but i cant help but think it could be made alot cheaper. It only boosts the signal.... *runs off to talk to my autoelectrician*

Last edited: