Remap

Now then!!

RS Tuning have got back to me about a remap and are quoting me £295+vat for a for a custom map done on the rolling road. Does anyone know what kind of gains i could expect for this??

The car is standard as far as the engine goes

Cheers

James

apparently, more "driveability", power throught the rev range. Not really much to be gained in terms of bhp, the most ive heard of is 15bhp.

I'm gonna get mine done at some point, because again, apparently, it helps stop the kangaroo issue when theyre cold.

HTH

apparently, more "driveability", power throught the rev range. Not really much to be gained in terms of bhp, the most ive heard of is 15bhp.

I'm gonna get mine done at some point, because again, apparently, it helps stop the kangaroo issue when theyre cold.

HTH

Driveability is defintely improved, the flat spot also and peak power gains!

Didnt regret spending the money in this department.

Had mine done at rs tuning, as above the gains arent massive. ie mine ran 194 bhp then 201 bhp when mapped so a gain of 7 bhp but again as above drivability is improved with more torque in the lower rev range and he also smoothed the flat spot which was worth it. :thumbup:

Anyone know if rs will put the map on a remote box to allow you to take off map when going to the stealers when under warranty?

Anyone know if rs will put the map on a remote box to allow you to take off map when going to the stealers when under warranty?

Not a clue mate, you could ask them? They has a questions/email box on their site...if you don't hear back let me know and i'll ask when i go up (when funds allow of course lol)

They do them for the meganes so would think they do, I think they charge about £200 for the box

I can't see a 15bhp gain from just a remap 2bh. The main advantage I saw was the reduction in the 2.5k flatspot, which only becomes a problem with an aftermarket exhaust.

I can't see a 15bhp gain from just a remap 2bh. The main advantage I saw was the reduction in the 2.5k flatspot, which only becomes a problem with an aftermarket exhaust.

Yeh i dont think anyone will get 15bhp from a remap on a standard car either.

When i took mine in to TDF, i went from 187bhp to 193bhp. As said, flat spot is almost non existant and cold start issues are also pretty much non existant. Dont get me wrong, it doesnt absolutely completely solve them but you wouldnt know they were there if you hadnt driven the car before.

For me though the biggest advantage was the way i can feel the engine pull hard all the way to 7k, on the before graph, you could see the power dropping away at 6-6.5k. And ofcourse the shift light comes on later which is a nice touch :wink: