Registering new car

Is it possible to specify the plate you get on your new car?

My 200 is due for delivery in August and I'm keen to get a CL10 plate but I don't want to pay an extra £400 for it afterwards. Looking on wikipedia, I see that CL is the code for in or around Cardiff. Any way to get the car registered through a dealer in that area? I'm not really fussed about the last 3 letters of the plate.

Doubt you could buy from one dealers and register at another.
Dealers tent to have a list of plates to choose from but all the best tend to be long gone.

Shouldn't cost £400 though, should be able to get one from dvla for £25 all in.

Haha at CL10 OMG. Anyone got CL10FTW yet? lol

Saw that on RenaultSport Forum earlier and I thought it was really good! There's a thread about all the CL10 plate cars on there. Still think the forum is pants compared to 197.net though! Lol!

Doubt you could buy from one dealers and register at another.
Dealers tent to have a list of plates to choose from but all the best tend to be long gone.

Shouldn't cost £400 though, should be able to get one from dvla for £25 all in.

Dealers don't get plate list anymore. DVLA sets the reg at point of registration. When you buy a new car these days you will get the log book direct probably before the car arrives!

Dealers don't get plate list anymore. DVLA sets the reg at point of registration. When you buy a new car these days you will get the log book direct probably before the car arrives!

As far as I know they still get plate lists. I put a deposit on a 200 two weeks ago and he showed me the plate list they had.

Old thread I know, but I got to pick my plate from a big sheet and that was only a few weeks ago.