REDLINE TUNING air filter setup

c197mark

Renault Parts Advisor
Platinum Member
Redline tuning currently have my mates clio 182, they are marketing a new air filter setup for it and using his car to prototype it, we visited them today and took my 197 there, he now wants my car to do an air filter set up on a 197, it goes in on the 19th for a couple of days so he can test it, will put progress info up when it goes ahead, me mates on the 182 looks excellent and they have got a good gain on it so looking forward to seein what they can get out of my 197 :smile:

Sounds good, but I doubt they'll gain much if they intend to produce a bolt on kit. Not enough room for a proper feed without relocating the battery or fitting a smaller one.

Sounds good, but I doubt they'll gain much if they intend to produce a bolt on kit. Not enough room for a proper feed without relocating the battery or fitting a smaller one.

i sed that to him so hes guna strap temp sensors to the front of it to find the best cold feed point and work with it from there well see what he gets if anyfin i get a free air filter and power runs so its all good:thumbup1:

Looking forward to seeing this, its a real shame we dont have a genuine upgrade induction kit avaliable off the shelf.

Be interesting to see pal, if they can get the feed and have a damn good airbox it would work!!! Its not an open cone jobbie is it??!

the one they used on my mates 182 was a sealed bmc box so proberly be a similer thing goes in on thursday then i should have it back friday night/saturday morning

I picked the car up today, he couldnt get the gains he was hopeing for, when he did my mates 182 he got a 13bhp increase with the air filter and setup, with the 197 he tried the same setup but no matter what he did he couldnt get the gains he could with a 182, he managed to get a 6bhp increase, it started at 176.4 and he manage to get it to 182.7, hes going to have it for a week soon to have another play but he said he prob wont get much more than that from just the air filter, im quite happy with the result at least it went up and not down so im happy, plus ive got a nice airfilter and it sounds mean when you give it a boot full puts a smile on your face,

ill post pics tomorrow when its light, also just to let people know he ran a cold feed from behind the gearbox, an removed the resonator and the original cold feed and all standard pipe work,

..he managed to get a 6bhp increase, it started at 176.4 and he manage to get it to 182.7,...

IMHO, that's quite BIG increase when it comes to Clio 197, and without the remap?! G.R.E.A.T. :drool::thumbup: if true, and "healthy" horse powers, if you know what I mean?

ill post pics tomorrow when its light, also just to let people know he ran a cold feed from behind the gearbox, an removed the resonator and the original cold feed and all standard pipe work,

Please, do so! :thumbup1:

hmm.... those figures are 'interesting'

And that's an understatement. :biggrin:

they played with the tempsensor settings aswell as just puttin the air airfilter on so thats prob why theyve got abit more, he said it easier to get the power out of a 172/182 than the 197,