Red RS 197 From Basingstoke

Hi all,

Picked up this beauty on the weekend thought i would share with you all! My name is Jordan I am 21 from Basingstoke, the home of roundabouts.

Still haven't passed my driving test but have it booked for April so fingers crossed!

Attachments

• RS 197 1.jpg
    RS 197 1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 50
  • RS 197 2.jpg
    RS 197 2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 47
  • RS 197 3.jpg
    RS 197 3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 44
Welcome bud, nice looking car. Just be sure to have some spare money aside if anything goes wrong.

Also it's a pretty quick car for a first car so don't be too stupid.. Take it easy! :smile:

:welcome:
they are some big pipes..an aftermarket exhaust i would of thought..also lowered as far as i can tell...nice one
enjoy the forum..give us a shout if anything

Haha thanks! The exhaust is a Milltek Resonated cat back stainless exhaust, and it has KW V1 coilover suspension height adjustable.

Do you guys do meets and stuff often on here?

Welcome to the forum.

These are serious cars, don't underestimate them! Wouldn't have wanted one as my first car.

Welcome,

I'm just down the road in Aldershot, again if you need any help always happy to get stuck in.

Just out of interest how much you looking for insurance? i'm 31, been driving since 18 years old with a clean licence and have to say these cars arn't exactlly cheap to insure.

Hi mate,

Oh that is not too far at all, thanks a lot I will remember if needed :smile:

I have run a couple of quotes and it is a bit pricey, i am looking at around £1800 quid for a year from elephant but it drops down to about £1200 if i have the telematics box installed which i am not too keen on although parents think its a good idea.

I was looking at your bog standard 1.0 litre Corsa's etc and i was still looking at around £900 so i thought i might as well fork out a bit more for a decent car.

I had a box on my first year, although it was just a time restriction box, not the ones now where they monitor how your driving.

Iirc there was a guy who had one of the boxes on a clio for a year, and he got on alright with it, infact it will probably better your driving, as you can get used to the car properly before being able to it fast, can imagine it will be a bit different to your instructors car lol!

I'm 22 and have been driving for 5 years and my insurance is £380 a year. Basingstoke is a very cheap area for insurance I find

Yeah i think the box could be a good thing as its quite a powerful car, just a quick question when my dad was driving it back everything sounded sweet with the car but if you went over 5000/6000 revs and let off it sort of kicks.. is that normal?

Yeah i think the box could be a good thing as its quite a powerful car, just a quick question when my dad was driving it back everything sounded sweet with the car but if you went over 5000/6000 revs and let off it sort of kicks.. is that normal?

Probs the vvt cutting but when the engines cold, don't take it over 5000 when cold

Similar Thread Suggestions