Red 200 at Evans Halshaw, Gateshead.

Anyone know anything about a Red 200 being sold at Evans Halshaw in Gateshead, the registration was S24 KEM and is now WJ12 KZZ ?.

I had them move this car to their West Bromwich branch which is closer to me living in the Midlands, went over to look at this afternoon, the main faults with these cars appeared to be ok on this car such as gearbox, steering rack and swivel joints, etc, my main problem with car was when I floored the throttle and nothing appearing to happen, I don't think I could live with that kind of power delivery after coming from an Octavia VRS diesel.

I imagine the Clio drives very very differently to a diesel. For noticeable power, you need to be above 3K rpm really, that's when it starts going, and then at 5K it really takes off. I would assume the red line is a whole lot higher than the Octavia diesel too?

It also makes a difference how far your foot is planted to the floor, there's a whole lot more GO when you're on wide open throttle compared to at the top of the pedal (hence the SprintBooster mod some people opt for)

If you're trying to match a diesel power delivery, I assume you need to be looking for something with a Turbo

The Octavia will run out of puff before the Clio comes on song, so you need to drive it that way. Driving these like a diesel (riding the torque at low RPMs) won't get you anywhere quickly, you need to use the 3-5k range to start to get a move on or 5-7.5k for all out

A naturally aspirated car is never going to match the shove in the back a turbo can give. SWMBO has a 2009 Octy VRS Petrol - on paper it's a little bit slower to 60 than the Clio, but in-gear acceleration feels much stronger, with peak torque from 2000ish rpm (in the Clio it's at 5500). The joy of the Clio is that you have to be in the right gear to get it to fly, but the chassis, handling and general driver involvement is just in a different league to the Octy.

I had them move this car to their West Bromwich branch which is closer to me living in the Midlands, went over to look at this afternoon, the main faults with these cars appeared to be ok on this car such as gearbox, steering rack and swivel joints, etc, my main problem with car was when I floored the throttle and nothing appearing to happen, I don't think I could live with that kind of power delivery after coming from an Octavia VRS diesel.

Was it up to temperature ?

totally different cars. my mate has an octavia vrs that I've driven and I also own a fabia vrs. if it's for slogging up and down motorways then I'd pick the octavia or fabia. In comparison to the clio the octavia has the turn in and handling of the titanic. horses for courses - meaningless comparison TBH.

Maybe you should try a megane instead.

Bet the dealer was happy with you getting them to transport it to you, then saying it was too slow!

Maybe you should try a megane instead.

Bet the dealer was happy with you getting them to transport it to you, then saying it was too slow!
I think it's a new thing they do to try and remove the location of a car as a barrier to a sale. Don't think they would be too bothered.

As others have said , it's a pointless comparison, two different cars.

Yes the car did feel like it was loosening up while it was warming up, but once warm i'm sure the 182 i used to have felt quicker, either way i don't think it is the right car for me and yes can't really compare the two cars together, the Octavia is a great car with good power delivery for a diesel but i fancy getting back into a hot hatch, i wish Renault had stuck the 1.6T engine into the 3 door 200 shape car, i think i am going to have a look at the Fiesta ST with the MP215 Mountune upgrade.

It wouldn't have sold as well in my opinion if they did that!
The whole attraction of the car for me was the high revving N/A engine!

Yes the car did feel like it was loosening up while it was warming up, but once warm i'm sure the 182 i used to have felt quicker, either way i don't think it is the right car for me and yes can't really compare the two cars together, the Octavia is a great car with good power delivery for a diesel but i fancy getting back into a hot hatch, i wish Renault had stuck the 1.6T engine into the 3 door 200 shape car, i think i am going to have a look at the Fiesta ST with the MP215 Mountune upgrade.
Fiesta is a properly quick little thing. Ride is a bit crashy, but otherwise stonkingly good fun.

/another thought I had was that the dealer probably won't have put Super unleaded in the car. I've only run mine on super so I don't know how flat it will feel on regular, but some cars can be sensitive to this.