Recent Mods

My 197 has gone through a few changes lately. As usual, all cosmetic..

Fitting new leather interior!

Firstly, the back.
IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

Now time to get those front seats out!

T30 Allen key and a LOT of persuasion!

IMG_0048.JPG

One liberated seat!

IMG_0050.JPG

Both out now. What a mess.

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

There we go. All nice and clean. AMAZING how much crap gets missed when you have two dirty great seats covering your carpet that you cant shift!

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

Whilst those are out, fit the arm rest. Much easier doing it this way than with the seats in!

IMG_0059.JPG

Get the passenger leather front in now we are all clean.

IMG_0060.JPG

Look at the state of that! Luckily we have a new one..

IMG_0058.JPG

Come on you bugger!

This took absolutely AGES to get off and sadly, has to come off again soon :worried:

Errmm.. This is how its meant to look, right? :tongueout:anic:

IMG_0061.JPG

New wheel nearly on, just had to persuade that airbag to go back into place without messing everything up..

IMG_0062.JPG

WHOOPS! I'm hoping this is because of the seats...
IMG_0063.JPG

Showroom fresh!

IMG_0064.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

Thanks for watching :smile:

Looks great mike, where did you get the seats from? How much was the steering wheel?

Looks great mike, where did you get the seats from? How much was the steering wheel?

Thanks! :smile:

Seats came from a car who was stripping a water damaged 197 - Turns out he is a bit of a whizz with CAN-BUS and going to help me out with my dashboard mods!

Wheel was £140 I think from Renault.. (Will check that, but sure it was cheap considering AND it came with the steering wheel trim) Worth every penny whatever I paid anyway! Although fitting the bugger leaves a lot to be desired..

Looking good mike, so how much cash did you find under the seats? I'm always losing pocket change, it either ends up under the runners or my daughter is getting rich picking it up in the back cos I never see it again....

Looking very nice mike.

Was it the leather one from ebay?

Thanks dude!

Yeah they were. Thankfully I was already in negotiation with the guy before they got posted on here.

I was worried at first I'd paid too much but now they are in, I think they are amazing and I've NEVER seen another set like it anywhere.

Matthew197 said:
That looks really good, loving the leather!
Looks like a bit of a job but well worth the end result

The steering wheel alone must have taken 2 hours :worried:

Thats a good price. Im undecided on getting a smaller wheel or getting a 200 wheel. Leaning more toward a smaller wheel tho :wink:

The wheel was just that. No airbag or anything.

Good news now though is i have a drivers seat and a wheel to start on my forza racing chair! :smiley:

Thanks Lew

Got the armrest from a guy on here. It isn't armster or a cheapo ebay thing, it's a genuine renault part! (which surprised me!)

Not cheap to buy new thats for sure...

It certainly feels like it with the wheel. I am tempted to buy another one whilst they are on some kind of offer / cheaper price as the 200 wheel is twice as much (for no reason at all)