Reccomend A TV/Home Cinema Shop...

Also, LCD and LED panels suffer from something called judder. When something moves quickly across the screen you'll notice it doesn't move smoothly but it's almost like a sequence of photos and stutters across the screen. The plasmas don't suffer from this anything like as much.

LCDs are getting better at this though, when I was looking the top of the range sonys didn't suffer from it much (Z4500 and Z5500 i think)

Motion judder. The thing is until you have plasma you can't appreciate the qualities of it.

Agreed, they just don't look as good as LCD/LED on spec sheets. Reality is they're a million times better!

I've just got a samsung LED from Best Buy. Fantastic store, prices are very good for most items, they have everything electrical you need. Everything is set up so you can test them out.

if you have an iphone download one of those barcode scanner apps and scan the barcode of the tv you want. if you find it cheaper in another store Best Buy will pay the difference plus 5%. I got £55 off my tv this way and it was still cheaper than any price i found on the net.

They are quite new to the UK but are massive in the states. Quite a few stores across the UK now

I buy my Tvs from currys. Mainly because they do 6 month interest free finance so it's like saving for a telly but backwards.

We have 2 samsung 1080p Tvs, a 32 inch for my xbox and a 42 for the living room, ps3 wii and sky.

We got them both from currys and incant fault them tbh

I buy my Tvs from currys. Mainly because they do 6 month interest free finance so it's like saving for a telly but backwards.

We have 2 samsung 1080p Tvs, a 32 inch for my xbox and a 42 for the living room, ps3 wii and sky.

We got them both from currys and incant fault them tbh

Got mine from Currys, purely for convenience. I didn't both with credit so can't comment on that.

If you take the best deal you can find on the net on a certain TV that Currys sell, they usually price match it. I saved £300 on my 40" Samsung, and picked it up immediately!

I have done a search and apparently the best tv for my needs is a Sony Bravia 37 inch LCD.

Too bad, I have samsungs lol

I have 2 x LED LCD's the better one being the Samsung, and a 50" LG plasma, and trust me....the plasma is defiantely the best quality wise. Smooth movement and looks really natural. LED LCD's are basically the same as LCD's but backlit (or side lit in most cases) by LED's enabling them to be extremely thin) This also gives a good contrast and very good blacks.

The old mans got a bravia and to be honest, I prefer the samsungs generally! its all personal opinion though!

Just dont fall into the trap of being sold £8,00000 hdmi leads in curry's! lol

I don't really buy into the whole cables thing. I don't think you should get the absolute cheapest as they make compromise shielding but there's no need to spend 100's on them. Also, best to keep cables as short as you can

Don't buy cheap HDMI cables. If you want the best picture get gold plated ones. They aren't cheap but are worth it

HDMI is a digital interface that uses signalling protocols to negotiate the connection at each end.

If you buy a £2 Tesco value cable and it works you will not improve the signal quality by buying a more expensive cable.

The only consideration here is if you have lots of electrical interference or long distances to travel.

I have 2 x LED LCD's the better one being the Samsung, and a 50" LG plasma, and trust me....the plasma is defiantely the best quality wise. Smooth movement and looks really natural. LED LCD's are basically the same as LCD's but backlit (or side lit in most cases) by LED's enabling them to be extremely thin) This also gives a good contrast and very good blacks.

The old mans got a bravia and to be honest, I prefer the samsungs generally! its all personal opinion though!

Just dont fall into the trap of being sold £8,00000 hdmi leads in curry's! lol

Here here.

I have 3 gold plated hdmi leads for differed appliances.

I have had them a while but iirc they were about £15 each at the time.

If you can pick out a non-gold plated hdmi lead from a gold plated lead in a test on picture quality, you my man, are a true champion! lol

Below taken from a Tech Site:

All HDMI cables use copper conductors - with different gauges of copper used.

Some manufacturers will apply a silver coating to the copper conductors as they believe it has benefits in terms of reducing signal drop across the length of the cable.

HDMI plugs also vary in how they are coated (or not) - pretty much all HDMI plugs will apply gold plating to the inner pins (the bits you don't see unless you look into the end of the cable) and some will also apply some form of gold plating to the outer shroud.

Gold plating on the outer shroud of the plug is intended to minimise the affects of corrosion. Nothing to do with picture quality.

Last edited:
It's also fact that gold plating can actually deteriorate the signal. Ideally you want a single material to conduct your signal from source to destination.

Connecting two gold plated copper connectors will give worse signal quality than connecting two pure copper connectors. The only benefit of the gold plated connectors is that they don't corrode over time as much as copper connectors.

It's true that an mid level cable will give less signal loss than a basic 99p homebase cable (Debatable if you can see/hear the difference) and it's true that a heavily shielded cable will give benefits if your cables are in a particularly noisy environment with lots of interference but generally, stick with the £10-£20 cables IMO.

They were £15 at the time, I wasn't really paying attention to what they were until I moved some stuff about recently

All I know is the picture is alot better than scart.

Ah yea, you're guaranteed a better picture with any HDMI cable. Anyway, £15 is a good amount to spend on a cable

I have one of Mark Grant's RCA cables, great build quality and good price. I wouldn't spend anymore than mark grant prices

if your still looking for a good tv setup I saw this deal in Makro.

46" Samsung LCD 3D TV LE46C750
Samsung Blueray Player BD-C5900
2 Pait of Glasses SSG-P2100T
Monsters Vs Aliens Blueray

£1199.99+vat (£1409.98 )

Price checked against Amazon you can buy it on Amazon.co.uk delivered for £1270.24)

Last edited: