Rear Brake Pad Reccomendations and Information

DanB720

Gold Member
My car went in for its MOT today and failed on the rear wheel binding (sticking) therfore the pads are now low. It has OEM pads at the moment.

I think the sticking is the shoes in the handbrake drum. thoughts?

What are peoples reccomendations? Im looking for fast road pads.

No looking to spend lots of money on these so looking at:
EBC Redstuff (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EBC-Redst...o|Cars+Type:2.0+16V+Sport&hash=item4613da5c28) Are these the righ ones?
OR
OEM ones again (Whats the part no.?)

(Not Ferodo DS2500's)

Are they the same pads on the 197 and 200? Mine is a 59 Plate 200 btw.

Before people wade in with "use the search function" I did but nothing immediate appeared.

Thanks in advance

Yeah same pads on the 197/200 mate, if you're not upgrading the front at the same time then just stick some standard ones on there. They won't be too expensive, probably £50 or so at the most I's have thought. You don't want to put a stronger compound on the rear than you have on the front as you could upset the brake balance between the two axles...

Thats what the guy at Ktec reccomended aswell. Think ill stick some standard ones in and then upgrade the fronts when next summer comes around.

Thanks

Do you know if I buy from Reanult directly will they be genuine Brembo pads or Renault brand. This may be a stupid question.

Brembo branded (but made by Ferodo so they also carry their logo), but if you buy them direct from Renault they'll come in a Renault box and cost about a fiver more. For future reference the 197/200/225 braking systems are the same although it's worth noting that the 225 uses two different sized bearings on the rear discs so if you ever order any in the future just be sure you're getting the right sized ones to suit the Clio. :thumbsup: