RECAROS are they worth it?

melvin1993

Scotland | Alba Rep
as some of you may have noticed if recently wrecked my car and iv found a replacement but the only sang is it has no recaros its the same as my old car bar that and this one has speedlines, is there any real benefit to the recaros or are they just comfy and look nice?

fire away!

Most cars seem to hold a higher value for good seats. I think they make the car personally. There's no real comfort factor though.

They make the car IMO. wouldn't buy one without them. Or at least fit them after purchase.

I dont have the recaros buddy but my best mates F1 obviously does, the recaros look AMAZING and offer slightly better support (id love to get some) but my standards do the job just as well :smile:

I dont have the recaros buddy but my best mates F1 obviously does, the recaros look AMAZING and offer slightly better support (id love to get some) but my standards do the job just as well :smile:

Well that's why I wasent sure really. I don't want to miss this car as its a really good example but its the the seats that's making me think about it!:worried:

Sorry to read about what happened to your car man, I wrote mine off a few weeks ago so feel you pain! I wouldn't be put off by a car without recaros, they can always be retrofitted, and can maybe be used as a tool to get the price down!

Have to agree, there's no way id turn down a nice car because it had no recaros, i always buy on mileage and condition.

I've got Recaros in the 197 but I've driven other 197's and 200's with he normal seats and to be completely honest I don't think it really matters what the car has. If you can get one with Recaros why not sell them to someone else and replace with the normal seats?

John

The recaros are the best think about my car.

Seriously?

The nice looking but easy-wearing seats are better than the class-leading handling!?! :smiley:

It's horses for courses I guess, I do like the Recaro's but it wasn't make or break for me when buying my car.

I refused to buy a 197 without them. I love mine and lots of people comment on them

They are really huggy and comfy too :smiley:

When people say they make the car lol, says something about the car if thats the case,

I had a similar thing happen to me, had an r27 that got wrote off, then came across an
ag without recaros, the recaros are not more comfortable, they do hold you in well and look the part though,

Dont let not having recaros put you off a car

Can i ask, you lads saying that recaros are the bees knees, have you tried the standard seats?

Ive got recaros in mine and i love them, i really do, however, drove a 200 last week with the standard seats and they surprised me! Mega comfy and supportive enough for road driving...oh and theres no bolster to tip toe around to stop excessive wear.

Nout wrong with them

As said above, my 197s got recaros but driven a few with standard seats and they are very nice as far as car seats go. Wouldn't have any problem with missing out on recaros if it meant I got the right motor in the first place, can always be retro fitted at a later date.

And I don't get where all this 'better support' comes from, maybe I need to eat more pies but I don't rate them on track, proper buckets are worlds apart.

When i bought my 197 i can remember the first drive in it, looking across at the passenger recaro and having a big grin on my face, i don't think the normal seats would have given me that grin.

They do look the bees knees, i find them comfy too, even on long journeys.