Recaro creak/movement

c.h 90

Paid Member
Seems there is a slight creak or movement coming from the from right hand side of the seat bass. Can any one tell me how to remove this panel in the picture as it seems to be happening behind it.

15a7fe4ee5062cd84f4f7f4aba65251a.jpg

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a creak in mine, no amount of tightening the bolts underneath helped. Even the garage I took it to couldnt pinpoint it. Went back to basics and took the base off. Figured out all the pivots have nylon bushes which wear. Aparently these are fairly standard size bushes which you can get most engineering places. I solved mine by wrapping the pivots in thick plastic sheet.

I had a creak in mine, no amount of tightening the bolts underneath helped. Even the garage I took it to couldnt pinpoint it. Went back to basics and took the base off. Figured out all the pivots have nylon bushes which wear. Aparently these are fairly standard size bushes which you can get most engineering places. I solved mine by wrapping the pivots in thick plastic sheet.

Thanks for the advice mate. I’m actually thinking of buy the lowered seat mount. Thought that might fix it

Thanks for the advice mate. I’m actually thinking of buy the lowered seat mount. Thought that might fix it

Yeh it certainly would do, I am contemplating it myself. Theres two on the market at the moment, one chap in here does a modification kit for a little over £200 posted, the other is Rentune who have a purpose built subframe for these Recaros for £300. I like the second, it looks well made and OEM, just dont like the price!

Reactions: c.h 90