reborn

hi all ! took my clio for a service yesterday, 80k km done, changed both front hubs ( knocking and squeeky sound when turning, most noticable in low speed manouvers), brembo HC discs and brembo pads, went for non OEM as the difference is only in the lack of black paint on the discs and they cost less a set than a single OEM piece at the dealers, additionally did the typical service with the oil change and filters, 550 pounds well spent as all the knocking and whining from the front suspension is gone and new brakes feel great as well, car feels like new again :smile: happy with the price as well, first quote was more than 700....

Now awaiting the spring to come and get the conti sportcontact 5's on! available now in 215/45/17 ! already ordered, still too cold to change to summer tyres though here in Poland, maybe I'll do some cosmetic changes like having the wheels resprayed in anthracite, but as it is strictly cosmetics and low priority then I might just stick to keeping it spot on technically,

Sounds really good mate! How many years old is your can now?

Conti SC 5's??? Not familiar with them, how are they better than the SC 3's?

the car is 4,5 years old, hitting 5 years in august, so the cambelt is due soon, last spring renault poland gave a 30% discount offer on all parts for the timing kit change, hope they'll have the same deal this year,

the conti 5's are the tires that the megane rs gets when you order the 19inch wheel, or the focus RS, they are available in the 197/200 size from this spring on, same price as the SC3's, continental themself say the tire being a succesor of the SC3 is overall a better tire, dry / wet / wear, 4 weeks waiting period though, they are not on stock in poland yet, but next big shipment from continental will be carrying my set... I was thinking of taking the SC3 as they are a factory tire, but since its an upgrade then why not :smile: tire of the year in 2010 as well

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R32pete Other Marques 35