Rear wiper arm won't budge!!

Yiannis197

Paid Member
I tried to replace my rear wiper arm the other day and it simply wouldn't budge, it's completely stuck there no matter how much wd40 I sprayed, the corrosion worked it's way thought quite nicely!

So..any ideas before I break the mechanism trying to get it off??

I would try putting a piece of rope around it, attaching it to a bollard then attempting a 0-60 run.

If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll come up with another idea.

I don't think the traditional wiper arm puller will work as it needs to be able to press against the bolt which it can't do on the rear wiper. Is there a a cover over the nut Yiannis?

Mark I haven't got such a tool I'm afraid, neither has the local garage:worried: damn!

Ross, there is a cover mate yes (easily removable), I tried to press against the bolt while pulling but no luck lol! It feels that the arm is super glued on the bloody bolt or something. Weird because I didn't have any such issues with the front ones, I can't believe I'm gonna have to take my car to the garage to just have my wiper removed. Embarrassing lol!

Wiper arm puller tool? Or even just a generic small 2-legged puller should work.

It'll still break I'm afraid, I tried this on a tailgate I had and because the arm is plastic it just pulled it around the edge and broke.

The problem is the alloy sleeve inside the plastic arm, it seizes onto the steel shaft of the wiper motor, the alloy part is pressed into the plastic arm on splines so is stuck well.

I wanted the arm as a spare so tried carefully to remove it but it didn't play ball.