Rear View Mirror and sensor housing loose

Sherlock101

Paid Member
Hi All,

The housing that is stuck to the glass that holds the rear view mirror and the sensors for the auto lights and wipers has come loose, how do I secure it?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ShantiT
Hi All,

The housing that is stuck to the glass that holds the rear view mirror and the sensors for the auto lights and wipers has come loose, how do I secure it?

Cheers

Same for me. Returned to it today and it was swinging around hanging by the electrical connectors.

First I thought the thing might have been attached by magnets, given the metal box element of the housing behind the plastic casing, however soon realised that the pads on the windscreen are just sticky pads - with no stick left.

POS Renault again. How those *ossers in Dieppe thought a sticker would last for 20 years I've no idea. It's a fairly heavy unit with all the sensors and mirror. Zero clips at all.

I attempted to reattach it with some good quality double sided sticky foam tape. Nope. The tape stuck to the metal box part, but wouldn't stick to the old sticky pads in-situ. Will have to investigate further.

Did you ever get a fix?

Yes actually! I originally fixed it by putting little dots of silicone between the housing and the glass, but that eventually came away too during the really hot days so I looked into it a bit more... there’s actually just a little holder thing which it slides into to hold it too the glass but it’s impossible to see with the housing in the way. All you have to do is hold the housing against the glass in the position it looks it should sit it in, then slide it up to the towards roof!

Quick Edit: Sorry read your post properly and on mine it was just the plastic housing bit which came away from the metal back! I would try some quality superglue? Or some of that gorilla tape?

Similar Thread Suggestions