Rear Tailpipe Trims

I am thinking about buying the Rear Tailpipe Trims.

It's a standard 197 exhaust system on it at the moment.

How do i remove and attach the new Trims?

Gav

if its the Renault Sport ones they just slide ontop of the old ones and tighten the clamp, although i think it looks better unclamped. Not gonna fall off.

cheers Graeme, has anyone got a tutorial on how to?... mine is just the standard exhaust, no tailpipes already..

The tailpipe trims have a large single clamp. Depending on how far you want them sticking out, the best thing to do is remove the rear wheel and use a socket set on the bolt. You can hide the bolt and clamp then, as they hang down low if you don't.
They look good and are cheap compared to changing the whole system.

sound advice arran.

I fitted some a couple of weeks ago, you just need a decent jack and socket set. they just slip over the black pipe and clamp on like arran said.

they change the whole look of the rear end, well worth the money, even at £65 new their a snip.

I have them on mine, how ever push them back far enough to be equal with the bumper otherwise they look rubbish! The the clamp will also need to go behind the diffuser otherwise it also looks quite crap, its a bit fiddly but very easy to do. No more than half hour if your amateur like moi! Literally put loose clap on exhaust, put tip on exhaust, move clamp over exhaust tip and tighten.
Make sure the clamp isn't touching any other part of the car otherwise the vibration of the exhaust will rattle it against bodywork and it makes one hell of a god awful sound.

heres Mine...

IMG_1521.jpg

Last edited:
I got these on with a bit of fiddling.

I didn't have to remove the wheel or the diffuser, but it does help that I have baby hands. :wink: It's not easy to get the clamps through the opening on the diffuser and there's no set way to do it, but it can be done. If you take your time and think about it, you can hide the clamps pretty well. You have to really look hard to see mine. But, I don't think they'd come flying off if you didn't use them, they seem to fit the pipes pretty tightly.

So are the clamps looking down or up like mine? The clamps are too big imo. I bought some for my dad to put on his TT, and the fittment is so much easier. They just slide on and have 2 very strong spring looking bits of metal to keep them in place. Look good too. Cost about the same as the Renault ones, which is good considering Audi is generally more expensive than Renault (as you would expect I suppose)!