Rear Diffuser

Lukesaxby

Platinum Member
How do you take the rear diffuser off, i need to put on the exhaust trims. theres screws underneath and does the rest unclip from the bumper

my dad put my exhaust trims on by using a socket and rachet on the inside of the wheel arch. I think you just need to pull the liner back slightly or unclip it.

Ok I did think I could possibly get a socket in the side of it, they are being delivered tomorrow, do they slide right over the top of original exhaust

dont need to screw them on, the bolts rust after a bad winter anyway. When you try to remove them they sheer off. Second time I just shoved them on as far as they would go. Not gonna fall off. Looks cleaner without bolts as well.

They are supplied with 2 ridiculous clamps with bolts on! They look hidious if you don't hide them! I fitted them the easy way at first and was considering what I could do about them, being as they were hanging down so badly.

So my dad had a play with them whilst I was at work the one day and managed to hide the bolts to the side. He said the only problem is that the clamp then sits nearly on or just on the bend of the exhaust. But mine have been on 6 months and haven't budged!

Done it they are on, i took the bolt out the clamp squeezed it under my exhaust through the diffuser hole the put the trim on and done it up from the side, its all hidden and looks good

Nice one. I think the trims are all you need if you're not bothered about getting extra noise! Surprisingly enough though, they do make a difference to the sound!

Money well spent I think. So glad I bought them. Mine were £60 I think including next day delivery.

Im gonna be fitting mine this weekend, cant wait to see what they'll look like. I did offer them up when I picked them up but I thought they stuck out a little much. Theyre flush with the 'biggest' bit of the bumper just below the boot shut, I would rather they sat further back. Does anyone have any pics of their fitted or has anybody cut theres to make them sit further in?

Looks good, thats much further on then mine seemed to want to go? Did you just beat them with a mallet?

Thanks for the pics! Im gonna bring it into my workshop at the weekend I reckon and then I can work in peace without all the neighbours gawping at me hitting the car with a mallet :smiley:

Looks good, thats much further on then mine seemed to want to go? Did you just beat them with a mallet?

Thanks for the pics! Im gonna bring it into my workshop at the weekend I reckon and then I can work in peace without all the neighbours gawping at me hitting the car with a mallet :smiley:

I just pushed mine back until the bend in the exhaust, I had the diffuser off though so was much easier to see what was going on under the car

that gloss black diffuser looks naughty is that a DIY job or pro?

Pro job mate, came out really well was chuffed to bits with it!

how long u send it away for and how much it set u back. recommend the person who did it?