Rear bumper price

Have just had someone hit my rear bumper which has slightly cracked it and scratched the paint, nothing major but I need to give the guy some idea of what it's going to cost to repair.

Does anyone know how much a new 197 bumper costs and then a price for a top quality paint job on it? Alternatively as it's a minor crack is it likely it could be repaired and painted?

ure looking at mega money from stealers mate. plus a re-spray to suit.

Thought as much, I was expecting £300 ish from stealers but will get a price tomorrow.

Thanks for the ebay link, I think my damaged bumper is probably in better condition though, bar the crack

what it matter even if it is mega bugs if the other guy is paying.
demand a new bumper as a repair is never as good.

your looking about £200+ for painting and fitting.

I've been told that even if i go through his insurance my car won't be recorded as Cat C/D as this is only for write offs? It's only going to need a new bumper, hardly any more than a parking bump damage wise.

As long as my car isn't going to be Cat C/D i will use his insurance

From what you put in your first post I didn't realise you thought it would be, didn't seem like an issue to me from what you described.

Yea, I just assumed that any insurance work automatically made it CAT D.

Thankfully it's so minor and will only need a new bumper, to be honest it hardly needs that as you have to get very close to see the hairline crack but it's my pride and joy and it will be kept that way.

Na, I don't thinl it works like that unless the car is a write off. They only use the CAT system to determine the stage of write off. So for example, a CAT D and C is damaged repairable or spares whereas a CAT B can only be sold for spares and a CAT A can only be crushed! It's to do with safety aspects mainly I think. If there is significant damage to the shell and crumpple zones then it is ranked A. So a 197 would have to be in a bad way to be graded as anything.